Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

May 9, 2014, 12:03 PM
    How do I know if my old digital camera has gps geotagging?
    Can't recall how old camera is, but roughly 10 years old. Minolta Dimage z1

I see nothing in menu choices for setting this or do I need to look at image info after pic is taken into photoshop? I have certain pix form vacations that I do not remember where taken, read about this technology and wondered if it was some solution I could use to help ID these pix. I am assuming if I knew GPS coordinates I'd be able to type that in Google or some such to see were the heck it is.

Utah and Colorado all look alike among red rocks. Other option is maybe post in local CL to see if anyone can ID the pix locales. But would regardless like to know if my camera does this GPS thing or not. So how do I know? I'm not even sure what I am looking for.

Thanks. Not sure if I post this under photography or computers. I chose computers and technology.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 9, 2014, 02:03 PM
    I see nothing in the features listed that show geotagging as an option on that model camera.

Digital Cameras - Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Digital Camera Review, Information, Specifications

Depending on the angle of the pictures it may be an easily recognizable area. Again it all depends on how the pictures were taken. Also if you know the order of pictures taken it may jog your memory. Something like being near the next frames is a plaque or identification of a area ajecent to what you already took. It can put things in order for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Analog camera lenses for digital camera body? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6006 Nikon with four lenses (Macro, tele, PC, and 35-89mm. I'm thinking about buying a Nikon D3100, digital camera. Can I use my Nikon 6006 lenses on the Nikon D3100 body?

Digital Camera Not Seen [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me why one computer has no problems downloading pics from a Kodak Digital EasyShare CX6330 camera, but another one will not see the camera. Adobe PhotoShop Album Starter Edition 3.0, and Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard, they both tell me that there is no camera, Roxio Capture...

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

View more questions Search