Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ice_Fairy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2014, 07:02 AM
    How to cure reoccurring yeast infection
    I have this reoccurring yeast infection that have only been curing using home remedies, which worked only to appear again. I have not gone to the gynae about it yet however I've bought Candizole Vaginal Cream and currently on day 4 treatment. Is it still worth going to the gynae? If so, can she/he detect something else I don't already know?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 9, 2014, 07:05 AM
    If its recurring maybe you partner is carrying it and giving it back to you.

Sort of like a game of hot potato where it gets passed back and forth. Yes a man can carry it and give it back to you without any obvious symptoms.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 9, 2014, 07:12 AM
    Cream?
    I would try the various pill options offered by Monistat, which might be under different names outside of the US.
    Search them online.
    aquatika Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 10:42 AM
    I had the same problem, I went to the doctor and they said its just another infection and give me more cream.
    After having this problem for months, I decided to look online to see if I had some other condition.
    Well, I found info that some people become septic with candida which lives in the intestines.
    Which is normal but, some people make to much candida and they have problems with infections.
    So, I did the candida diet to eliminated the fungus.
    After a few months the yeast infections went away.
    The only time I have problems is when I eat sugar, for sugar feeds the fungus.
    Look at your diet you may be feeding the fungus.
    I hope this helped.
    Also,eating yogurt helps a lot of ladies from having infections.
    Good luck
    gcbelle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2014, 09:09 AM
    If your doctor just continues giving you the cream and does not look for a reason for recurrence, find another doctor. For occasional recurrence, you know what it looks like; the cream is available OTC. Yoghurt is good, both eaten and applied topically. Eating it is a good preventative.
    It could also be that your little microbes are resistant; there are other meds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infection [ 4 Answers ]

I am about 6 weeks pregnant and I got a yeast infection from being on antibiotics and they prescribed me miconazole 7. Ive used it once a night for 2 nights now and very morning I wake up n my discharge is pink . Should I be worried and stop using it or is it normal and keep using it ?

Yeast infection? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 17 not sexually active and resontly been having some itching on the hood of my clitoris and now some stinky white discharge no burning and the itching is not bad and the discharge has no odor do I have a yeast infection?

Yeast infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 13 weeks pregnant and I have what it looks like a yeast infection. My partner has been complaining about is penis hurting during & after sex I just get a uncomfortable burning feeling can this because of the yeast infection?

Can you cure my recurring yeast infections and help prevent them? [ 0 Answers ]

I've been dealing with recurring yeast infections for 18months. I haven't taken antibotics since last year. I've seen 3 doctors & a gynocologist. I was given difflucan, terazole, otc, blood labs, including cbc, thyroid & blood sugar. All normal, but my thyroid was on the lower side. I was tested...

Yeast Infection [ 7 Answers ]

I've been having this problem for about six months now and I just don't know how to solve it. After my period I get a high fishy smell or just a smell at times. I've been to the doctor many times but each month its all back again. I can't afford to visit the doctor so regularly and I'm tired of...

View more questions Search