Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malinic100 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2014, 06:01 PM
    Workouts to win weight and tone body
    I am a 13 year old, 4' 11'' and SUPER skinny. I'm only 73 lbs. My mom has always told me to eat more to gain weight but it's not that easy. I try to eat more and healthy and whatnot but I can only eat as much as I can eat and I can never usually eat that much because I get full. The girls in my school are so toned and muscular and pretty and tall and I feel like a skinny little shrimp. I can barely fit into any clothes at the teen stores and it's so frustrating. I'm tired of people thinking I have anorexia or telling me I should eat more because I would if I could! I don't think I'm fat I want to be bigger, it's just in my genes. Are there workouts or things I can do to gain weight and get more hungry and tone my body?

P.S. I don't want to do sports or anything that takes a lot of time or equipment. I don't have that much time because of school and I'd like something I can just do in my room everyday easily. Also any other advice for gaining weight/ toning body and getting stronger would be greatly appreciated :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2014, 06:07 PM
    Someday those girls are going to envy you for being petite and thin.

Try six yoga postures twice a day. You can find yoga illustrations and youtube videos online.
    malinic100 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2014, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Someday those girls are going to envy you for being petite and thin.

Try six yoga postures twice a day. You can find yoga illustrations and youtube videos online.

I have started doing lunges to tone my legs and crunches to tone my stomach? Do you think there's anything else that would? Especially when it comes to eating habits? Details would be nice :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2014, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malinic100 View Post
    I have started doing lunges to tone my legs and crunches to tone my stomach? Do you think there's anything else that would? Especially when it comes to eating habits? Details would be nice :)
    You're only 13 . Don't let the world tell you your height or weight or appearance is "wrong." Don't compare yourself to your friends and classmates? (No one is short and fat or has a bad complexion or crooked teeth or is tall and thin?) Look at your mom and older female sibs and aunts and grandmothers to get a general idea of how tall you might be someday at the end of your teens and into your early 20s and how you will carry your weight. Are they tall and thin? Short and thin? Or what?

Yes, eat healthful foods (not junk).
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2014, 07:25 PM
    I would talk to your doctor about this to see if there's an issue preventing you from gaining weight. If all possible conditions are ruled out, I'd ask to be referred to a dietician that can help you eat the proper foods that will help you put on the weight you need. At 73 pounds you are dangerously thin. My daughter is 11, very thin, and she weighs more than you do.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 9, 2014, 06:57 AM
    Hi. You're 13. You're in the awkward puberty stage of life. Everything is still filling out and growing and at different rates and places. Don't worry about it for now. Just eat a healthy diet and get a moderate amount of exercise a day. Come back in about four or five years. Everyone is going to grow and develop differently. This is the hand of cards you've been given. Play them out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone my body without losing weight [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 36 year old woman only 137 my goal weight is about 140. I'm small frame so everything is smaller then the average woman. My goal is to be healthy and toned I want all my curves to show and just have a beautiful body. Right now I'm small but flabby all over, my abs are the worst of all. I...

What's the best way to tone your body [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a 16 year old guy and I'm starting to gain muscle and this year I'm not doing a winter sport so I have a lot of time on my hands so I was wondering how much of weight should I use and how many reps

Tone my body [ 4 Answers ]

How can I tone my legs, butt and stomach?

Tone body [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a toned body and abs without changing my diet

View more questions Search