Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2014, 03:25 PM
    I was wondering the same thing ma0641 brought up. Maybe, for instance, they pay for 46 straight hours, then add 6 hrs at the half hourly rate = time and a half for those 6 hrs.
    And I have often seen it done that way.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 9, 2014, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simonique74
    No I am authorized to work those hours that go overtime. I take care of certain facilities close to me and have had to travel as far as north Alabama. I am a Level III Technician. They have paid me overtime but it is not time and a half it is half of my hourly pay. So say regular pay of $15.00 an hour and overtime is $7.50.
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    I was wondering the same thing ma0641 brought up. Maybe, for instance, they pay for 46 straight hours, then add 6 hrs at the half hourly rate = time and a half for those 6 hrs.
    And I have often seen it done that way.
    Yes, it could be that Simonique is misreading the pay stub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Walmart owe us overtime pay? [ 9 Answers ]

I work at a Walmart in California. On December 24th, 2012 there was an attempted robbery at my store at about 6:30 AM... A single man went in the store with a rifle and was trying to get a manager... NOBODY was hurt in the incident... Once the associates realized what was happening, we...

Can a company pay overtime to a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

Worked over 40 hours in one week and was asked to work Saturday's for 8 hours each. Was told to keep track of my hours. 28 hours worked on numerous Saturdays and turned in my hours and now learned that they are only going to pay me half. Is this legal??

About overtime pay [ 2 Answers ]

I am a waitress. I was told due to gartuidy I due not get overtime pay. Is that wright? If so can I get a copy of law?

View more questions Search