Ask
    Junar Veloso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2014, 07:59 AM
    How can you attach chb wall to concrete floor
    Finish Floor and I will install a chb partition on it
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 8, 2014, 02:33 PM
    You can't really "attach" a Hollow Concrete Block wall to a slab. The best you can do is to make sure the bond between the floor and the block is good. A lot of contractors will drill holes in the slab, set rebar as pins and pour mortar in the holes at the first course. This keeps the wall from possibly moving. Depending on where you live, you may need a permit and they will give you requirements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I attach a wall to a wooden floor [ 4 Answers ]

How would I attach my 6ft wall to my shed? Would I have to nail another 2x4 to all of the borders of the flooring so I can nail my wall on to them instead of the ones that's under my plywood?

How do I attach a stud wall to a wooden floor without damaging the floor? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a rented house and want to partition off the dining room to make a new bedroom. The landlord says I can asd long as I don't damage the existing wood floor. I need to know if it is possible to attach a stud wall to a wooden floor without damaging the floor? So that if we leave and...

How do you attach the closet ring to the concrete floor? [ 1 Answers ]

I removed the old bent up ring which was not screwed into the floor. Our toilet has been leaking gases, wobbling, and sliding in all directions. We live in the desert and when it heats up the gases flow into the house. I have gotten as far as fitting the new ring into it's spot but I do not see...

How do I attach a door to a concrete wall? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I attach a door to a concrete wall? How can I attach the door hinges to a concrete wall?

How can you attach a wood wall to concrete floor? [ 4 Answers ]

I need to build wood wall non bearing in a basement and attach the bottom plate to a concrete floor. What is the easiest and most secure method to do so. Should I use pressure treated wood for the bottom plate? Thanks.

View more questions Search