Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat1996 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2014, 12:32 PM
    Cartilage piercings
    OK so on Sunday may 4th 2014 I got 2 cartilage piercings done in both ears done by a gun. The Monday after I woke up to find my ears were a pinkish red color and swollen and have been since. I was wondering if this is normal or if this is a sign of infection or an allergic reaction. I used sterling silver bcs my doc said it was OK and I wasn't going to have an allergic reaction to the earings. I have been cleaning them but not taking then out in fear that they won't go back in bcs of the swelling. What should I do? Is this normal? If so how long might this last?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 7, 2014, 12:49 PM
    Sterling silver is proper. Tell me how you have been cleaning them?
    kat1996 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2014, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Sterling silver is proper. Tell me how you have been cleaning them?
    I take the backs off the piercings and the I move them forward just enough for a q-tip to get in between and piercing and the ear and you use the solution that my piercer gave me to clean them with
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 7, 2014, 01:44 PM
    Hate to say this because I am giving you downers all the time, especially with your tanning question.

Don't take the backs off,but move the piercings around a bit and don't use a qtip, the cotton particles stay in the piercing and will cause infection. Leave everything in and wash with warm water and salt; wash meaning, rinse them down the best way you can, with clean hands and maybe with a clean cotton cloth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercings [ 1 Answers ]

I got my upper cartilage pierced with 2 earrings, using a gun, about 2 weeks ago. This morning I woke to find it very sore, swollen and red. I changed the earrings to keepers (to allow room for swelling) and have been soaking my ear in a salt solution all day, on and off for 5-10 minutes at a time....

Cartilage piercings. [ 2 Answers ]

What does a cartilage piercing feel like? I'm thinking about getting it done.

Cartilage piercings [ 2 Answers ]

so im getting my ears pierced righttoday and i want to get 2 earrings on my bottom and 2 at the top. how badly will it hurt if i get them done in the same day and which is a better method the gun or needle? please help! :confused:

Cartilage piercings - Yes or no? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys. I'm thinking of getting my cartilage pierced on my ear. I've heard needles are the best way to go for many reasons and have read up a bit about keeping it clean etc. Any tips or warnings? Particularly, how long is it best to leave it before 1) swimming, 2) changing the stud/ring, 3)...

Where exactly do cartilage piercings go through? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow and I'm a bit anxious. A friend of mine told me they deliberately miss the cartilage and just go through the fleshy-skin part above the cartilage... contrary to what I've heard. Is she right or not and where exactly does the piercing go through?

View more questions Search