Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elisarubino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Tax Form IT-203
    We live in NJ but my husband worked for 3 months in NY. We are filling out the NY Non-resident tax form IT-203 but it is asking for all the same info we already filed on our Federal tax form for ALL income earned (including that earned in NJ). I think we should only be putting in the amount earned for the 3 months he worked in NY. Why would this form request all the same info we already filed on our NJ State and Federal tax forms? This is repetitive, and we don't want to be double taxed. Thanks.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 13, 2007, 01:08 PM
    You put the federal wage information in Column A, and the NY wage information in Column B.

You will be taxed ONLY for the Column B figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Form 1116, foreign tax credit: Tax paid vs tax accrued, exchange rates and dates [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm applying for foreign tax credit on taxes I've paid / accrued on interest earned in savings accounts and certificate deposits in New Zealand. For cds, the bank statements don't give precise dates for when taxes were withheld. And so I have several questions relating to form 1116, Part II: ...

Tax Return form and Tax Status-F1 to H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Dear, I am Korean who grew up in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. I am Korean citizen, but I hold Bolivia residency. I came to California on February 16, 2001 under B-1 visa. After 5 weeks, I went back to Santa Cruz, Bolivia in order to get F-1 visa. Then, in June 02, 2001 I came back to California...

Do I have to file CA state tax and NY IT-201 or IT-203 ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I was a grad student in California till June 2006. I got my TA cheques and fellowships during that period. From June 2006 onwards, I am in New York city on a full time job. I reside in the city. As I am a part year resident in the NY, so I think I should file IT-203 along with...

Can you file more than one w2 form on one nys tax form or do you need additional forms? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in nys and my friend has had 3 different jobs throughout the year. Does he file all w2's on one form or have a form for each?

F1OPT -> H1, tax form and tax treaty [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was on F1 from 1998 to 2004, F1 OPT from July 2004 - July 2005, and H1 since July 2005. I'm working at the same job since my F1 OPT (so I have one W-2 form). In 2005, I was in the US with H1-B for less than 183 days, but I have been hear long enough with F1 visa, so I don't know if 1. I...

View more questions Search