Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigboyamorim123 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2014, 02:39 PM
    How do I get into a foster home with out my parents advisory?
    Ok well here's the thing I want to get out of the house that I'm living in. I can't stand living here anymore. I'm 15 years of age and my dad drives me nuts. When he is home and I come home from school or something he will start yelling at me for something really stupid. I want to get out of this house really badly. I ran twice from here and got taken back by the social worker and the problem is still going on. I've told her all the problems I had here and all those problems still remain. I ask something from my dad like going to to sleep at a friends house he always has an instant reply by saying no while he yells it. I feel like I'm nothing when I live here and I need help fast. :(
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 6, 2014, 02:42 PM
    YOU cannot make that type of choice.
    Foster care is NOT an easy way out nor something that you actually choose instead of simply growing up.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2014, 02:46 PM
    Gee... why am I surprised you can't see the real problem here. Its you... sorry , but you don't run the house... your parents do.

Where do you get the idea at 15 you get to do anything you want anytime you want? When you are 18 and move out and support yourself you get to decide... until then you listen and do what you are told.

If you think you will be allowed to do any of this in a foster home..(which incidently isn't your decision to make either). you are sadly mistaken.

May 6, 2014, 02:47 PM
    Well anything I ask for and I mean anything, I never get it, I know its something to think about but I have been thinking for far to long now. Everyday it's the same thing and I can't take it for much to long. What do I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2014, 02:47 PM
    No, you can't go into foster care unless your parents give you up. And you definitely wouldn't want to do that.

Are you participating in family life, doing your chores (without being asked and even doing ones not assigned to you), doing well in school, playing with siblings (especially younger ones)? Where's your mother in all this?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2014, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyamorim123 View Post
    Well anything I ask for and I mean anything, I never get it,
    Like what? Name three things you've asked for. And how do you ask?

How many sibs do you have? Is family money tight? Do you have a job -- even a paper route or doing lawn work?

May 6, 2014, 02:54 PM
    I do everything they ask for I even help my dad sometimes when he needs help at work and its not a choice I HAVE to go according to him. Yes I go to school but right now now very often. I'm being bullied because the way I look. Because I look a lot older then everyone els in the school and this has been something that has been constantly happening. I always bring my little sister to the park and no I'm not participating in anything. I love to play basketball and they won't even put me into a team out of school. I've asked for that for so long and my mom and dad both no I love playing basketball. And I still haven't played on a team. Just because they always say no.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2014, 02:56 PM
    Getting things you want are rewards for good behavior... argue with them, don't do what's expected before you have to be asked to do it... and they won't give you something as a punishment.

Hate to tell you but adult life is like this... you have to earn everything... and I do mean everything. Nothing is "given" to you. And it will be years before you earn enough to get many things you want... because you have to pay for the things you NEED first. That's as an adult when you live on your own.

Just being brutally honest... it doesn't get easier than it is now when you are on your own. Right now you have few responsibilities and someone else pays for everything. When you turn 18 and move out... you have all the responsibilities and nobody pays for anything.

AS long as you live in their home you follow their rules... even as an adult.

May 6, 2014, 03:00 PM
    I have two sibs. One younger 10 years of age and older 21 years of age living with his fiancé. I have asked to be put on a small basketball league for 3 years now and I always ask them nicely, I have asked for some new games for my system, and for minutes for my cell phone. I would always ask them with a may I please get put in to that league or may I please get a game, do you think I could get minutes for my phone. No I do not have a job but I do mow all of my back yard and front yard or my house. I haven't gotten my social insurance number for me to be able to get a job.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2014, 03:01 PM
    I do everything they ask for I even help my dad sometimes when he needs help at work and its not a choice I HAVE to go according to him. Yes I go to school but right now now very often. I'm being bullied because the way I look. Because I look a lot older then everyone els in the school and this has been something that has been constantly happening. I always bring my little sister to the park and no I'm not participating in anything. I love to play basketball and they won't even put me into a team out of school. I've asked for that for so long and my mom and dad both no I love playing basketball. And I still haven't played on a team. Just because they always say no.
    So you complain when your dad asks you for help, you're skipping school, you can't appreciate the fact that you look older than everyone else at school and turn that into a plus, and you can't play basketball unless you are on the school team? (Maybe your grades aren't good enough?) Oh, and you ALWAYS bring your sister to the park. Right. What am I missing here?

May 6, 2014, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So you complain when your dad asks you for help, you're skipping school, you can't appreciate the fact that you look older than everyone else at school and turn that into a plus, and you can't play basketball unless you are on the school team? (Maybe your grades aren't good enough?) Oh, and you ALWAYS bring your sister to the park. Right. What am I missing here?
    None of you are making it better for me... yes I do bring her to the park because every time I go and play basketball to practice I briing her to the park that is right in front of the court. I never skipped school but until last week and this week. I never complain when I have to go work with him because I know I'm going to get yelled at. And people make fun of me and how I look. They call me fat, ugly , a nark ( undercover cop) piece of $h!t worthless piece of crap and it hasn't been just this year it has been for the past 3 years already.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2014, 03:16 PM
    None of you are making it better for me...
    What are YOU doing to make it better for you?
    I never skipped school but until last week and this week.
    Go back to school!
    people make fun of me and how I look. They call me fat, ugly , a nark ( undercover cop) piece of $h!t worthless piece of crap and it hasn't been just this year it has been for the past 3 years already.
    So make a joke out of their remarks. Talk to a teacher you like and trust. Tell the principal.

Why do you have a game system (and games) and a cell phone? Those are pretty nice to have -- and expensive.

Where is Mom in all this?

May 6, 2014, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What are YOU doing to make it better for you?

Go back to school! i do go to school. always in school always have been. other than this and last week. because of this situation o have in the school.

So make a joke out of their remarks. Talk to a teacher you like and trust. Tell the principal. i have told a teacher and the principal. im new to the school. gr 9.
    they said they would helped for the past 4 weeks iv been going there and nothing has changed a bit.

Why do you have a game system (and games) and a cell phone? Those are pretty nice to have -- and expensive. i got my self an xbox 360 3 years ago. i barley play it now but still use it once and a while. and for my cell phone its 30$ a month, i dont get allowance for doing anything. even if they dont ask me to do it or they tell me they would pay me to do it, i never got the money in return.

Where is Mom in all this?

May 6, 2014, 03:40 PM
    When I am 16 am I able to leave?
    When I'm 16 am I able to leave the house that I am in?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2014, 03:52 PM
    If you are American, you are considered an adult at 18 in most jurisdictions.

Maybe you can tell us the state and county you live in so we know which laws apply, and tell us your situation. Why do you wish to move?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 6, 2014, 03:57 PM
    Threads have been merged since they deal with the same issue of you wanting to leave home.

It also keeps all information and advice in one place so people can know what has already been advised.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2014, 04:07 PM
    I don't want to beat up more on you but let me see if I can help at all as the parent of a teenager.

First, teenagers find their parents and siblings annoying-
    It's a normal developmental milestone. So yay... You are normal! If you didn't find your family suffocating, overbearing and annoying at times, you would have no motivation to become more responsible, adult and independent. Let the bad feelings be your motivation.

School is your ticket out of there and good grades are as good as cash. Get good grades and you can get scholarships for university. See every class, assignment and year of school as a chance to prove what you are made of.

As for the bullying, you can sit in your room with your old video games and feel badly, or do something about it. If you aren't in good shape, get in good shape. Prove these jerks wrong. Over summer, get in the best shape of your life. You can for free. Push ups, sit ups, lunges, squats, running. Whenever someone does something to bring you down, do something to build yourself up. Do you need a haircut? Should you see a factor to improve your skin? Whatever you get teased for, think about whether it is a social cue that could benefit you and act on it. If not, and it is just stupid, ask yourself why you care what stupid people say.

Whatever you want family to give you, you have to give happiness to yourself. They call you immature, be sure through your behavior that it is not true. Happiness is a choice. Some people are happy and some aren't, but if you look closely long enough, you will see it is a choice of how to respond to regular life. I choose to be happy. I could find a lot if reasons to feel miserable, but I focus on my blessings and work on my needs and goals.

In a few short years you will be ready for university and what you do now -not what your parents do - will decide what options you will have at that time.

May 6, 2014, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    If you are American, you are considered an adult at 18 in most jurisdictions.

Maybe you can tell us the state and county you live in so we know which laws apply, and tell us your situation. Why do you wish to move?
    I live in Canada Ontario living in hamilton. I would like to get out of here because of my father. He's always on my back, doesn't give me freedom like going to hang with my friends or doesn't drive me any where even when I ask nicely. He literally yells at every little thing. Ill come home from school he will complain that my room is a mess mean while its one side of the bed that is a mess. I do my chores and all that, I wtach my sis when they need me to, but its always the same crap, I lost my best friends because of him, there all scared of him because he screams every 3 minutes (literally) he has beaten me before almost broke my nose as a kid, won't let me join any sports out side of school or in. just seems like he could really careless about me, all he ever does is go to work come home and yell at me and only me, I have a younger sis and she's 10 I understand she is younger and all but once and a while I think I can deserve something to. I never play my games because there all old and boring and I have asked for just one new game and he would just cause a seen and start yelling and of course my mom just lets him go on and on and on. Srry for this paragraph I just feel like I'm a total fail in life. That's why I think he is always yelling at me because I'm just nothing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2014, 04:25 PM
    You have a game system? You have a phone? Gee doesn't sound that bad.

May 6, 2014, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You have a game system? You have a phone? Gee doesn't sound that bad.
    I have a phone that hasn't been working for 5 months now because they stopped paying for no apparent reason and my game system is boring all the games are very old and or broken .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my foster parents. [ 6 Answers ]

I was placed into foster care in the late seventies early eighties. I was placed with a very loving couple in Nacadoches Texas. These people showed me there was another side of the out people that was more caring and loving than anything I had ever known. They saved my life and I want them to know...

I'm looking for foster parents [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to pursue my college but it would be harder for me because my Dad had passed away, n my Mum can't pay for college.

I want to find my foster parents [ 2 Answers ]

I was put into foster care as a baby. When I was three years old, I was reunited with my mother. Now I'd like to meet my foster parents. No one in my family seems to be willing or able to help. What's the first step?

To anyone who has an opinion on foster parents [ 16 Answers ]

Hello. Im sarah. I've just recently discovered that a Borough in redbridge London, has passed the law that foster parents are banned from smoking if they are to take care of a child. I want to write a short article about this for my class work (it's not going to be published or anything) I just...

View more questions Search