Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elam_J Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2014, 06:01 AM
    My elder dog wakes me up many times at night
    My 14 year old Pekingese has started to wake me multiple times at night. Sometimes it is that he has gotten down and can't get traction to get back up, but most seem to be attention seeking. His barks and howls are so loud you can't ignore him. Help!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2014, 06:40 AM
    Your pet is very old; give him attention, all he wants, you may not have him very much longer. Most of all though, take him to the vet for a check up, he may be in arthritic pain. What else can we say here?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2014, 06:56 AM
    I made steps for my little dog! You can buy them in any pet store.
    See a vet for what and how much to give him for pain, as tickle said, or just call. I'm old and I take plenty for pain myself.
    Many dogs plead for their owners to stay with them just before they die. I read about one large dog who couldn't get up the stairs to the bedroom anymore, and one night howled the minute his owner started up the stairs. The dog died a few hours later, in his owner's arms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shepherd mix, 10 months old, wakes 2 to 4 times a night [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, We bought our puppy at 6 weeks, from a friend whose dog had a litter of 8 puppies. Our Bailey girl has always slept with us, in our bed, at night. The problem is that she wakes at least 2 and sometimes up to 4 times a night. She doesn't whine or bark. She just gets up, shakes her head...

My dog wakes me up several times a night [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 6 month old Staffy. We have had him since he was 2 months old . During the day he is great. He is obedient and he always lets us know when he needs to go outside to go potty. He even pees on command. Since we have had him he has slept on his bed in our bedroom. He does not sleep...

10 month wakes up 4-5 times a night! [ 1 Answers ]

I love my weimaraner, Hurley. He is 10 months years old. He use to wake me up 1-2 times a night to use the restroom which was slightly annoying but mangable. The last few weeks though he has been waking up 4-5 times a night. He doesn't always use the restroom either. I have been taking him on 20...

Dog Wakes Me Up at Night: HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I adopted a male "shelter" dog last week... a young (less than a year but probably older than six months according to the vetinarian) black lab mix. He's a great dog... affectionate, obedient, and seems to be housetrained. He gets walks and bathroom breaks up to 5 times a day so maybe he...

View more questions Search