Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Morhan2862 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2014, 02:35 PM
    Grout discoloured
    Have recently had a wet room fitted professionally to an upstairs en suite. All has gone well, except one annoying issue. A small area of grout, not forming part of the shower area, though next too and does get wet, and appears to never dry. Though to the touch it is dry, but stays very dark. Other areas in the bathroom that get as wet, dry turn back to the cream coloured grout relatively quick. But not this one area. Dry but dries very dark. Tiler been out twice taken grout out, re grouted, but dries very dark. Any suggestions as to what maybe causing this .
    Thanks kindly.
    M
    Morhan2862 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2014, 02:38 PM
    I might add that on the first re grouting by the tiler. We never used the shower, and it dried dark very dark looked wet. Re grouted second occasion. Left to dry. Dried OK ish. One shower, this area dried to the touch but is very dark?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 7, 2014, 08:03 AM
    Hi Morhan

Were permits pulled on the job? I ask this because when permits are pulled things usually get done right! Here, as an example, the shower pan that was installed needed to be tested by filling it to the threshold level with water (drain is plugged) and the test is usually held overnight. Was a shower pan water test done on the shower pan? Did you see the pan installer water test the shower pan? Did the plumbing inspector see the shower pan get water tested? If a water test was not performed, then I would suggest having a water test done now (plug drain with a proper drain plug) and let it sit for a 24 hour period undisturbed....see what happens after that!

Back to you...

Mark

PS: Even if the shower went unused for a period of time a leaking pan would still wet grout for days/weeks...;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discoloured eyes [ 1 Answers ]

My son who is 2 years old woke up today and his eyes, on the white part was a bit on the brownish side, he poohed after some effort and his pooh was greenish and a bit runny, we fed him milk later on and he poohed again and this time his pooh was black and resembled raisins then went again a few...

Tap water discoloured, washing machine leaking, pressure? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, Last night I turned on the kitchen tap and the kitchen unit suddenly shook as though I had kicked it, then all my tap water was a cloudy yellow (or light brown or green, not sure: red/green colourblind). I then ran it for a while (5 mins) and it went seemingly clear though not sure if...

Can I use Grout Boost with Polyblend Grout [ 7 Answers ]

Is it OK to use Grout Boost with Polyblend sanded grout. The grout package only mentions water as an addative.

Can you grout tile using a special grout caulking gun? [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy a special caulking gun that uses commercial tile grout? I have some 20" X 20" interior wall tile to grout and would like to avoid making a huge mess in my kitchen. This method, if available, would seem to be a good, clean solution. Ralph

View more questions Search