Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CatGirl1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2014, 11:03 PM
    My 3 day old kitten passed away, why?
    On May.1 my 8 month old cat gave birth to 4 healthy kittens. Nothing went wrong with the birth unless you count having to cut their cords and moving them a bit so the mom would finish cleaning them and so they would nurse. Up until today all the kittens were healthy, they were feeding and moving properly. It was until tonight I noticed one kitten was acting weird so I picked him up and noticed his mouth was open and he was slightly cold, I figured this was because he was eating at the time and wasn't laying with his mom so I placed him on her belly so he could cuddle and feed. Half and hour later this kitten passed away, I have no idea why. Should I be worried about the other 3? I've been keeping a close eye on them, and no this kitten wasn't the runt he was the second or third born. Please help, thank you.
    anukants Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2014, 11:06 PM
    It's just because God has given it that much time to stay on earth.. it's all God's Wish..
    CatGirl1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2014, 11:06 PM
    I meant wasn't feeding, sorry.
    anukants Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2014, 11:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CatGirl1234 View Post
    I meant wasn't feeding, sorry.
    If other kitten are not feeding properly then please consult doctor.. this is the best advice I can give you.. and please don't look for better answer as only doctor can tell you what exactly is going wrong.

God bless you...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 4, 2014, 01:47 AM
    How is it that you had to aid the birth by cutting the cords ? Handling the kitten at birthing is not normally allowed. The Queen does everything in her own time. All you can do is wait and see, moving them now away from the Queen to take them to the vet would not be a good thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About 10 day old kitten [ 5 Answers ]

I found a baby kitten in my back yard ten days ago and she was a newborn about a day old when I found her. I have been feeding her KMR and she's doing wonderful she has strength she tries to walk she sits around and moves her head with eyes open as if she was looking BUT! When I clean her eyes...

7 day old kitten having seizures [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 7 day old kitten - momma cat brought him to the door and left.We got him warm . He had what I think is seizure- his mouth opened up and his toungie came out and his paws went up my his face and he got very stiff- this lasted for about 30 seconds what could be wrong with him

My 5 day old kitten won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

I found this newborn kitten and he was fine up until he became 5 days old. He doesn't seem to want his formula anymore. He strains when I wipe him to go to the bathroom. I figured he is constipated. What I want to know is what I can give him or do for him to make him go?

4 day old kitten sick [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just wanted to know if you could help me with this my cat had 5 kittens and one is being rejected and barely breathing and not eating off the mother she does not want anything to do with it but she has 4 healthy ones is there anything I could do to help the kitten thanks for any suggestions...

The dark day that just passed... [ 6 Answers ]

Hello rightless people: Two days ago, your rights were stolen from you, like a thief in the night. Unbelievably, I'm the only one who noticed. You say that the recent tribunal law only applies to aliens, that it DOESN'T apply to Americans. To that, I say, BUNK! As it stands now, the...

View more questions Search