Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anonymous_27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2014, 09:30 PM
    555 ic can operate only give +Vcc but op-amp required +Ve and -Ve both why??
    555 timer ic can operate only giving up by +Vcc supply but op-amps(741) ic reqiure both +vcc and -Vcc why??
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2014, 05:38 AM
    Maybe you should ask your teacher. And that's my final answer.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2014, 07:20 AM
    This is like asking "why doesn't anything work when only +V connected"...
    and review the definition of "circuit"...
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 6, 2014, 10:19 AM
    Your first problem is that you have to an "Electrical Forum" for assistance on an "Electronic" issue. Two very different animals.

I don't have any specs on the IC you are trying to debug. Is this a question from a test or are you trying to debug an actual chip.

Did you verify the voltage levels with a meter, logic probe or scope?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 6, 2014, 10:25 AM
    Just for the record, the 555 timer is a "Non Inverting" which means +V, while the 741 is "Non Inverting and Inverting" chip.

These two chips have nothing in common and perform completely different functions.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2014, 10:26 AM
    THis id definitely a homework question... I'd suggest looking up the specs for the 555 timer chip and looking up those for an Op amp.

THis is really self explanitory.

Except the part about "giving up", which makes no sense at all in the context of the question. Like it was a misunderstanding or bad translation of the original question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire size required from 200 amp main to 100 amp sub panel [ 1 Answers ]

The sub panel is located @75 feet from main panel.

400 amp or 600 amp service required [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new all electric home. I would like to know if I need a single phase 400 amp servise or a 6oo amp service. The home is 2800 sq ft, Type of high use appliances.( 2) 120amp tankless H2O heaters. (1) 50 amp tankless H2o heater. 2 ton hvac with heat stripe, 2 1/2 ton hvac with strips,...

Hunter lost remote & cannot operate fan [ 1 Answers ]

I lost the remote to the Hunter fan and light. I can operate the light manually but NOT the fan. Is there a way to do this easily? If I have to open this to do something, do I have to take the blades off too?I had hand surgery and can only use 1 hand right now!

Am I Required to Give Personal Info to Brokerage Firm [ 1 Answers ]

My Mom died and left 100 shares of just one stock. As personal representative of her estate I was told I have to open an estate account before they can split the stock between me and my sister. But some of the things they are asking on the form make me very uncomfortable, such as my net worth,...

What am I legally required to give to my husband from ss check [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I need to know how much if any back payment (from Social Security. I am on disability and for some reason did not apply for children's benfits until more than 4 years later) I am required to give my husband. We live in the same house but we are sepparated. I know that he will demand...

View more questions Search