Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beynum_ambroshia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Managerial Functions
    Explain how the Universal Process would manage a business?
    manas4b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 05:39 AM

What are Managerial Functions?
    Zazonker Posts: 126, Reputation: 19
    -

Apr 29, 2009, 08:44 PM
    Anyone who believes that a "process" of any kind can manage a business, simply doesn't have a clue.

Virtually all of the concepts and buzz words that people have come up with on this idea (TQM, 6 sigma, etc) are NOT aimed at managing a business. They are aimed at developing metrics to help people who don't know how to manage a business think that they can manage something that they don't understand. And, (almost) without exception, they pick the wrong things to measure).

I'll grant that they've made a lot of money selling this... (fill in any unprintable word of your choice).

Management is more art than science. People skills, attitudes, etc. I'll get off my soap box now.

This is an emotional one for me that I dealt with most of my professional career (up to executive in a fortune 500 company). But, I won't rant here anymore. If anyone wants more of my rantings, send me a private message - I can go for hours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Composition Functions and Inverse Functions [ 3 Answers ]

Wow! These things are boogers! :eek: any way to make these things easier?

The managerial functions [ 1 Answers ]

What are the managerial functions given by Henri Fayol and the details?

Managerial functions [ 5 Answers ]

Managerial functions of planning,organising,staffing & directing is not complete until d last phrase of the managament cycle is performed. Discuss.

Functions [ 12 Answers ]

(f(fx)) = 2x +4 when f(X) = 1... how do I solve this

Functions [ 7 Answers ]

Why would f(x) =pi/4x^3-sqrt2x+4 be classified as a polynomial? How would you determine the domain and range of y=x^4-4x^2? Assuming that the zeros of the function y=x^3+mx^2+nx+2 are integers how would you determine the values of m and n?? Thank you.

View more questions Search