Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluepersonality Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

May 1, 2014, 02:13 PM
    My job + small sales or kiosk??
    I work at my bf's business, and spend most of my day running the office. There are times where there isn't much for me to do. I want to find a way(s) to make a little extra money. I have to stay in the office and take care of customers and the phones. I was thinking how about a small countertop stand displaying sunglasses? Or something like that. There are so many scams I've backed away from the idea of doing something online.

Ideas, suggestions & leads please. I've been trying to Google my sunglass idea but I'm not having much luck. I'm open to any ideas, even just a little extra money would go a long way.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 1, 2014, 02:26 PM
    Biggest problem you will have: Supply.

You will need a tax ID number in order to work with a manufacturer or supplier that is legitimate. Then you run into the problem of hoping that the price they give you to purchase their items is low enough that you can actually make a profit on it....then you also need to worry about getting the inventory...cash up front most of the time.

But I do have to say...your question has me confused. You talk about working during the day but sometimes you're not busy so you want extra income...when are you planning on running this kiosk? During normal working hours where you're supposed to be running the office?

May 1, 2014, 02:34 PM
    But I do have to say... your question has me confused. You talk about working during the day but sometimes you're not busy so you want extra income... when are you planning on running this kiosk? During normal working hours where you're supposed to be running the office?
    Yes during business hours. That was my reasoning behind the sunglass idea or similar. I already have customers coming in everyday, maybe they'd like to buy something while they are here. Say I do sell something small like sunglasses, and I make I don't know $5 for a sale. Then I can put that $5 in my gas tank and that takes off that little bit of stress. Think it's too far fetched? I spaced the tax id thing... I couldn't use our tax id for his business could I? (I know very little about running a business, obviously, my boyfriend does, but I want to do this for him, for us)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 1, 2014, 02:47 PM
    You might want to ask him if he has a problem with you selling stuff out of his office.

May 1, 2014, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    You might want to ask him if he has a problem with you selling stuff out of his office.
    That was the first thing I did

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The impact of credit card sales, sales discounts, and sales returns on net sales [ 1 Answers ]

Total gross sales for the period include the following: Credit card sales (discount 3%) $ 9,400 Sales on account (2/15, n/60) $ 10,500 Sales returns related to sales on account were $500. All returns were made before payment. One-half of the remaining sales on...

Small claims court and used car sales [ 2 Answers ]

Can I be sued in this court for selling a used car to someone in Minnesota and for how much?

IE7 Kiosk Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I have set IE 7 (Win Vista) to run in Kiosk mode but whenever I click a link it goes to a new window which is not in Kiosk mode. How can I either make it open link in same window or make the new window appear in Kiosk mode as well. HELP!! :confused:

Kiosk at the malls [ 3 Answers ]

What a good sale item for kiosk

View more questions Search