Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ravishing Ruby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2014, 11:42 AM
    Drawer won't open
    I have a Chest that has 2 drawers. The bottom drawer opens and shuts OK. The top drawer won't pull out evenly. It is wobbly. The right hand side seems to not have a stop and the left hand side evidently has a stop that won't let me pull the drawer all the way out to see what is wrong. Can you help?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2014, 12:13 PM
    Take the good drawer all the way out and turn the bureau upside down and see if anything is stuck under there. Report back if that's not it. (Did you reach your hand up inside the half open one and feel around?)

May 1, 2014, 01:40 PM
    did not help. This is a brand new
    Chest and nothing had been put in it.
    I cannot reach my hand inside the half open one to feel around.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2014, 02:26 PM
    If it's brand new and has never worked right, call the store.
    There may very well be something caught and acting like a stop, or it was built with stops and the stop came off and moved forward.
    If it's damp where you are, the sides of the drawer may have swollen. But it sounds like something is in there.
    Without being there it's difficult for us to advise.

May 1, 2014, 02:37 PM
    I understand. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD drawer stuck open [ 2 Answers ]

How do you get a drawer open when there's something wedged in it? [ 2 Answers ]

The top drawer of my desk at home is stuck. It doesn't have any rollers. I felt around in there and it looks like one of my hard covered notebooks it wedged in. I can't really open it more than a few inches. And this sucks because I need to get in there. Anyone have any ideas?

Dvd drawer won't open [ 2 Answers ]

I have a JVC DVD player/VCR recorder-player combo that is about 8 years old. On Wednesday night we had a brief power outage so that I had to reset the clock. Last night I went to insert a DVD to play and the drawer would not open. Can you tell me what I can do to open the drawer in simple...

Disk drawer will not open [ 4 Answers ]

Hello,When I hit the button to open disk drawer it will not open. I tried to restart and no luck . I also went into itunes and used the eject button no luck. I know there is no cd in the driver and can find no help from trouble shooting guide. I have some pictures on a dvd that I would like to...

View more questions Search