Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucasrox58 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2014, 07:27 AM
    How to get over this
    So, there's this girl I've LOVED since 3rd grade, which was a long time ago. Her name was Phelan (Pronounced Fay-Lin) and I had a friend named Dylan, who I hate now. So Phelan and Dylan are In a dance group with a bunch of other people. Then one day I heard him ask if she liked him. And she said yes!! I'm mad cause one time when I asked her out she said she didn't like anyone in this school. But I think she said that so I wouldn't get mad. Anyway, now I want to like KILL Dylan. Phelan was very special to me, and yeah. And Dylan is SUCH a baby. One time I started screaming at him that he liked her and he ran away crying behind the bleachers. But one time I saw them I a full lip lock behind the portables.
    How do I get over this girl? I'm saying to myself I want to forget about her. But it keeps coming back.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 1, 2014, 07:30 AM
    How old are the lot of you? I'm guessing about 12? Is that about right?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 1, 2014, 07:36 AM
    At your age you are too young to be worrying about girls. Be a kid for a while.

And you didn't love this girl, you have a crush on her and there is a difference. But anyway, going back to what has happened between all of you...you're all just kids. You have no real ability to handle things as you have no experience with it at that age. You're all just going through the motions of what you see others doing. Confronting Dylan about liking this girl and him crying...he's a kid! You're a kid! None of you really know what you want, you just think you do.

And to finish it off....it is not Dylans fault that she said she didn't like anyone but she told him that she liked him....you are mad at the wrong person. And really, over all of this...you have nothing to be mad about.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 1, 2014, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    How old are the lot of you? I'm guessing about 12? Is that about right?
    Based on his previous questions, he put his age at between 9-12 but wouldn't specify exactly.
    Expert

May 1, 2014, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Based on his previous questions, he put his age at between 9-12 but wouldn't specify exactly.
    Oh, heaven's. Where are the parents?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 1, 2014, 07:41 AM
    Kids!
    You don't love this girl. You have a crush on her. And why are you mad at Dylan?
    This girl you have a crush on likes the other boy, it's not his fault. You guys are
    So young, Enjoy your childhood. This situation not that serious.
    Expert

May 1, 2014, 07:43 AM
    Leave this girl alone and go play Titanfall!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 1, 2014, 07:44 AM
    I guess we are seeing Future career dishwashers. Who didn't get an education because they were chasing boys and girls and became parents before 16 when they should have been doing almost anything else.
    Expert

May 1, 2014, 07:48 AM
    Anyway, now I want to like KILL Dylan
    Is that a threat? One that we should report to the police?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2014, 07:50 AM
    My young friend you should have taken the hint long ago when you asked this girl if she liked you and she said NO, and give up this hope of having her. Its not her fault she didn't share the same feelings for you as you have had for a long time, nor is it the other guy's fault for being the guy she likes.

Just think if you had focused elsewhere on other things besides HER, you wouldn't be as angry or jealous because you would be busy with things you enjoy, instead of things you want, but can't have. That's what you have to do now, change your focus while you realize how foolish it is to keep putting so much importance on a girl who you know doesn't want you, and never did.

I know it sucks, but don't worry, just get busy doing your own thing with other people and stop wanting what's not yours, nor will ever be. In time you get over it, if you don't do something foolish that's makes it worse. You will be sick and tired of being miserable, angry, and unhappy, over a girl that doesn't want you. Takes time, less time if you get busy with more important stuff, and more important people in your life.

Thats letting it go, and getting over it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search