Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckys84 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2014, 07:16 AM
    How to change depth of pool
    How to change an 8ft deep in ground swimming pool to a 5ft in ground swimming pool.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2014, 07:25 AM
    Lots of work... and even more money.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 30, 2014, 07:29 AM
    Only fill it with 5 feet of water?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2014, 02:40 PM
    Not a very easy solution. Filling the deep end is one answer but may be too heavy.

May 28, 2014, 07:08 AM
    How to extend bottom pool drain
    Wanting to make the deep end of pool shallow. How do you extend the bottom drain?
    Uber Member

May 28, 2014, 09:46 AM
    I'm sure you know this... but its going to take a lot more than just that to make it shallow. And that's probibly the easiest part of it. How do you plan on approaching the rest?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 28, 2014, 04:09 PM
    What is the benefit of an extended drain pipe?
    Uber Member

May 28, 2014, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    What is the benefit of an extended drain pipe?
    Something to smack your head into when swimming?

May 28, 2014, 04:55 PM
    Wanting to take the deep end from 8ft to 5 1/2 ft. The walls of the pool are steel and the floor of the pool is poolcrete. The water table in our yard is high and water got behind the liner and the deep end floor is nothing but sand so we are wanting to raise the deep end.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2014, 05:19 PM
    You will have to have a new liner made to start with... do you have a place that can custom make one? How one extends the drain is dependent on what its made of. However bury it and you have a leak.....you have created a world class headache. You should raise the entire drain rather than bury it roughly 5 feet deep.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 28, 2014, 05:40 PM
    This is going to cost a lot of money. Why not spend a few hundred on swimming lessons, or life jackets, instead of spending thousands to go from 8 feet to 5?

If no one in your family can swim, and that's why you want to go from 8 feet to 5, it's cheaper to fill in the pool with dirt, cover it with sod, than it is to change the depth of the pool.

May 28, 2014, 06:23 PM
    Don't want to bury it that's why I ask how to extend it. It is PVC and yes I have a place to get a liner.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2014, 06:53 PM
    I'd raise the entire drain system so its not buried deeply. ONE future problem and it will have been worth the minimal extra work.

May 29, 2014, 06:22 AM
    The problem is the water table is to high in our yard and it is eating away the floor of the deep end that is why we want to raise the depth. We don't want to have to go through this again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can we decrease the depth of Olympic pool to be used for recreational activities? [ 5 Answers ]

I am working as engineer in aerosport club, we have a olympic swimming pool, we need to reduce the depth for sometimes for recreational use. Is it possible and how?

Ideas for reducing depth deep end concrete swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rectangle concrete in-ground pool with an 8ft deep end that I want to reduce the depth to 4.5ft also. There is a main drain on bottom of deep end. I am also trying to figure out the most cost effective quality way to fill in the deep end. How might you do this all the while still allowing...

Changing the depth of the deep end of the pool [ 4 Answers ]

We have a in ground pool the deep end is 9ft. We would like to change that to 5ft. How do you suggest we do that. We would like to fill in the hopper 3-4 ft. What do we use to do this? Sand, dirt or both? How do we finish the floor. Cement or a combination of cement and something else? ...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

View more questions Search