Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyndadel Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Jasmine,

Thank you for the help. I also received an email from Janet Brooks, and sent her details again on the logo. I also did a rough sketch via MSWord of what I would like to see for a web site.

I can resend the information with your name as the subject.

Thanks again
    -lynda
    Keithe Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 27, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Lynda,

I just want to inform you that we have assigned your project to Natalie Thompson, our Senior Designer.

Natalie will finish everything for you very soon and she will will be contacting you on Tuesday after the holidays to finalize everything.

Thank you very much and enjoy the weekend!

Jasmine
    Animation Studio
    kphipps Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 08:02 AM
    It's me again and I am still having issues with AS. Jasmine Lewis responded to my message posted on this site three weeks ago and told me that she would handle my account personally. At first, the responsiveness from Jasmine was good and my home page was approved and some progress was made on the other pages. However, I have been emailing them with changes to the last set of designs that they had emailed to me on 5/5, a majority of them being spelling errors, font size, and paragraph spacing. It has now been 23 days and I've emailed them several times to remind them of these errors. AS has provided the same design as it appeared on 5/5 - with the errors still on the pages. I would think this is a simple request and I've clearly outlined it several times for AS but the same designs are continually forwarded back to me.

In response to Keithe (Jasmine Lewis), this is definitely not a matter of a lack of client cooperation or clarity in my requirements. As you are well aware, I've sent out flyers to potential customers, stating that the site would be available by 4/28. A representative from AS told me this would not be a problem. If AS is having this much trouble completing simple instructions to the design, I can't imagine the "shopping cart and programming portion being finished in a week and a half", as previously noted by Jasmine.

At this point - I just want my money back and find another company who is competent and capable of completing my e-commerce website. It appears that I'm not the only one with the same issues with AS and I am sure there are many more! There are several sites that you can report bad business to but I'm not sure how much that will help our case. There's always the possibility of turning this into a legal matter. I'm very disappointed in the overall service and product provided by AS. I've certainly learned my lesson about doing my homework before making such an investment.

Ripoff Report
    Businessreporter.org
    BBB
    animationstudio Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
    This is natalie, I am one of the senior designers from animation studio. Shopping carts are already installed on our system so it takes 5 seconds to turn it on. So it actually does not take a week and a half it takes 5 seconds.

Philip I will be contacting you on Tuesday when I come in to see what exactly are the changes and your site finished immediately.

May 28, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Also any other clients that needs to be prioritized and please let me know. Contact me at [email protected] or put your name below and I will prioritize you and get your projects going as quickly as I can.

Thanks again.
    lyndadel Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithe
    Lynda,

I just want to inform you that we have assigned your project to Natalie Thompson, our Senior Designer.

Natalie will finish everything for you very soon and she will will be contacting you on Tuesday after the holidays to finalize everything.

Thank you very much and enjoy the weekend!

Jasmine
    Animation Studio

Jasmine,

Thank you very much for all the help, and I already have been sent a draft, so hopefully we are on track.

Thanks again
    -lynda

May 29, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Miss philips and linda we will be contacting you sometime this evening. We are just a little busy right now, to keep you updated.
    nielseno Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 02:44 PM
    I too am having an AWFUL time with Animation Studio, in fact I have NEVER, EVER had worse service from ANY company I have ever dealt with.

My situation is very similar to the original poster. I purchased a logo design on the 12th of March 2007, immediately responded in detail to the poorly written questionnaire one hour later. Got ZERO response, so I called them on the 21st of March 2007 and it was nearly impossible to get through. When I did get through I got the same run around from someone who I could barely understand, who could barely understand me on a very poor quality phone line (this is a recurring theme and Animation Studio whether purposely or not uses it to their advantage). I called in the morning, they had Cha Ramirez contact me "right away" which meant 7PM my time when they knew I was gone (I told them I work until 5PM). Luckily I was there late.

Anyway, Cha claimed she never received the email so I sent it to here and she verified she received it. THREE WEEKS later I emailed her again wondering where my preliminary logos were and she replied "Thank you for your email. I will have the designers send you the concepts immediately. Please let me know if you still haven't gotten it in 24 hours." Well, 24 hours later, no logos. No surprise.

On the 13th of April, 2007 SURPRISE, I get my logos and as the other person said, they WERE quality logos, not without some issues but this is my one and only positive experience with Animation Studios to this day.

Well, a half a dozen emails and phone calls later they are still giving me the run around. I haven't received another round of revisions or anything from them (not to mention a few snippy replies to my emails). Even after they put me on the "Priority" list. They will not contact you unless you contact them and it just stinks of a company trying to put you off until you forget about them.

Right now, "Janet Brooks" is claiming that they will send me something ASAP just like they told me a month ago.

STAY AWAY from Animation Studios, they are at best a poorly run company that will not get you anything unless you hammer on them constantly. At worse, and my bet lies here, they are a SCAM.
    :mad:

Jun 7, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Emailing back and forth is not working so we have developed a new control panel for customers to be able to talk directly with designers so they don't have to talk to customer support. The problem with emails is sometimes it goes through and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it gets put in spam filters. WE are almost done with the control panel. Once done you can just post a question just like this forum and the designer can see it.

For now, I will ask janet for your name when she gets in tomorrow and I will put you on the priority list. I will also assign your project to Lia Sanders who is in charge of priority clients. Lia works from 3pm pst and onwards. I will do all this tomorrow and update you.

Jun 8, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by animationstudio
    I will put you on the priority list.
    I was put on the priority list more than a month ago, why should I expect it to work this time?

Jun 8, 2007, 01:54 PM
    I am personally in charge of your account it will get done this time. I have talked to cha regarding your project. We have sent you several drafts before and even from different computer but you claim you never received it, and finally you gave us an different email and you finally received. Every time we send you something please check your SPAM folder as well to make sure it is there. And if you need to get a hold of me contact me at [email protected] I check my emails every day. Please send a test email to me and I will reply to make sure that I got an email from you.

I know we have a few upset customers who's project are delayed and the main reason is due to emails going back and forth and sometimes the customer don't receive our emails. We finish over 50 logos a day and only a handful of clients that are delayed and mainly thorugh the email problem.

So I am asking all clients that have any problems to contact me directly at my email at [email protected] and please email me and ask for a confirmation to make sure I receive your email. I am not available through phone because phone conversation takes to long. I will respond to all email replies in 1 business day.

nielseno we are working on an update now and I have already informed cha to finish it asap. She will send you an update soon. If you don't receive it make sure you contact me at my personal email address thanks. Keep me posted on your project.

Jun 8, 2007, 03:36 PM
    i have talked to cha regarding your project. we have sent you several drafts before and even from different computer but you claim you never received it, and finally you gave us an different email and you finally received.
    That is a blatant LIE. I have never been informed that a draft has been sent to me by Cha or anybody else and then not received it. I will post every damn email I have corresponded with you guys to prove it.

I have only received ONE draft EVER, and if there are multiple drafts available you should be able to email those to me TODAY, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM.

Alos, I have communicated with Animation Studio through ONE email address and ONE email address only, I would like to see this email traffic where I am using a new email address.

Furthermore, I do not have a SPAM folder. I look through all of my emails.

i know we have a few upset customers who's project are delayed and the main reason is due to emails going back and forth and sometimes the customer dont receive our emails. We finish over 50 logos a day and only a handful of clients that are delayed and mainly thorugh the email problem.
    I'm sure you have quite a few customers that are fed up with you. And from the looks of your website, I would guess that you bit off more than you can chew and you are letting your customers sit and wait, uninformed and angry.

Here's what's on the front page of your website today:

"welcome to Animation Studio

We are currently finishing up all old projects before accepting any new projects. If you have any questions you can contact us at 1-213-341-1868 or 1-213-291-8886 or email us at [email protected]"

Would you like to know what I'm most upset about??

I don't like being mislead, misdirected, lied to, by a company that is impossible to communicate with.

From day one you guys have been deceitful and dishonest. You have some real customer relations problems.

Your problem is more than your EXCUSE of lost emails, Nooooo, it's much more than that. You weren't able to deliver from the day I paid you my hard earned cash and worse than that you have never fessed up about the issues you guys are dealing with. Instead you have crappy customer service agents giving everybody the run around so you don't have to face the customer.

I ask your customer service agents direct questions and all of a sudden they act like they cannot understand me or the phone connection is poor. I ask direct questions in my emails and they never get answered.

I'll ask them here:
    1. I paid you in mid March, how many drafts do you think I should have received by now?
    2. What time frame should I expect a response in? (1 week, 2 weeks?)
    3. After what amount of time do you think I should call again in the case that I do not get a response in the time frame above? (3 weeks, month?)

Jun 8, 2007, 04:15 PM
    I am not here to fight with you. I fully read everything you typed and understand your concern. I made the mistake of saying several draft. We sent you one email with 3 concepts and we never got a response back until recently. And I understand you tried calling and telling us. We have fix this problem by having me manage the priority clients.

You paid for a service and I need to deliver it. Cha has already contacted you and got the changes from you and she will update you as soon as they are done. Yes the web site does state that we are not accepting any more projects until all design are finished, because we have many resellers selling our services and we have enough orders.

You should be getting your revised draft soon.

For any other client that has issues with delays please contact me directly at [email protected] and I will personally speed it up.

Jun 8, 2007, 10:11 PM
    We sent you one email with 3 concepts and we never got a response back until recently.
    By recently do you mean prior to April 21st which was when I had to call you guys nearly a week after I sent my response?

Or May 8th when your staff finally replied to my emails:

"We received all your emails and I already forwarded it to the Logo
    Department. As soon as we received a draft for you The logo Department
    will email it to you."

By the way, you should tell your staff to include the original message when replying to emails (if they reply).

I fully read everything you typed and understand your concern.
    Yet again, direct questions are ignored. Here they are again:

1. I paid you in mid March, how many drafts do you think I should have received by now?
    I guess I can accept this as an answer:
    you paid for a service and i need to deliver it.
    2. What time frame should I expect a response in? (1 week, 2 weeks?)
    you should be getting your revised draft soon.
    WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF SOON?? 3 months?? :confused:
    3. After what amount of time do you think I should call again in the case that I do not get a response in the time frame above? (3 weeks, month?):confused:

i am not here to fight with you.
    I don't want to either but every time I have had contact with your company I get the run around of some sort, EVEN WITH YOU, whether mistaken or not, and you're the best I've talked to from Animation Studios.

Your company lost my confidence within a week, I honestly thought I was scammed out of my money until I got the first draft on April 13th. That was the first and only positive experience I have had with you company until today when you said
    you paid for a service and i need to deliver it.
    Yet you guys are still butchering the facts, dodging questions and giving vague descriptions of when I should get my work.

I honestly never wanted to be such a jerk about this, yet I can't believe how your company has time and again forced me to be one. I have never said time is an issue (although if I had known the time involved with you guys I would not have purchased from you) all I've ever wanted was an honest response.

Here's a tip from me to your company:
    You should give your customer a real answer whether your customer likes it or not or even if the answer is I DON'T KNOW.

Well, I think I've said nearly all I need to say but I'll leave you with one more thing:

I said it (a few times) before I ever received my first draft and I've brought it up a few times while waiting for you guys to respond:

If you want to get rid of a pain in the neck customer like I will GLADLY take my money back so I can give it to a real Logo company.

Jun 9, 2007, 06:04 AM
    I understand your concern, we are almost done with the changes. You don't have to wait a month. In a few business days you will get the changes you want. Also I understand you are upset and I would like to give you a completely 5 page web site completely free of charge and the design for this web site will be given to you at the latest one week from the date you tell us how you want your web site to look like. Again my sincerely apologies for everything that has happen. I will send you the logos as soon as we are finished with the changes you want. If you want the free 5 page web site please let me know and I will tell one of my assistant to email you a list of questions so we can start designing your web site for you completely free.

Jun 11, 2007, 07:41 AM
    In a few business days you will get the changes you want.
    I received the changes, this weekend. Thank you.

Also i understand you are upset and I would like to give you a completely 5 page web site completely free of charge.
    Thank you but I will not need this. I do have something else in mind though that would probably take less effort for you and would be more beneficial to me. I'll send you an email.

Jun 12, 2007, 09:44 AM
    OK, I am glad you are happy. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Let me know what you have in mind.
    ksh1960 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 05:43 AM
    I too was scammed by Animationstudio. My ordeal started at the end of March, and like every one else I got 3 drafts right away, then things went south. Its now been 4 months since this whole ordeal started. I have tried 3 times to get my money back only to be told that it has a no refund policy. I was told that I would be given to a different designer by Jasmine Lewis but they wanted more money from me saying that if I wanted them to contact my suppliers that would be extra work for them. That's when I demanded my money back and I went round and around with these people. Now I'm out $1500. I have tried calling Jasmine if that is really her name, 4 times this week only to get her voice mail. I have e-mailed them with no response 10 times just this week with no response. Then just yesterday I receive an e-mail from someone I don't know claiming that animationstudio never really existed and that the so called company is really out of the Phillipeens. Is there a way we can sue them or something to get our money back. $1500. Is a lot of money for me to lose. Does anyone have any ideas how we can get these people back. How about Dateline MSNBC?

Jun 13, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Ksh1960, we are not a scam. If you read above you can see that we do have happy customers and I am here to fix any problems that you may have. nielseno was an upset customer, we were delayed on his project and we just submitted the logos to him and he loved it. You can contact him yourself if you want.

About Jasmine, Jasmine is no longer with the company. The email you receive is probably from jasmine because we fired her. She was not coming to work on time so we let her go. I am in charge of everything now and I will personally make sure everything is handled correctly.

Please reply with your first name and last name to [email protected] and I will find out what the problem is and fix it immediately.

Jun 13, 2007, 08:45 PM
    ksh1960,

It seems like this is the guy you need to talk to to get your stuff going. It looks like he's cleaning things up. Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions...

nielseno

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search