Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2lls4got Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2014, 05:03 PM
    Can EtG tell what alcohol gave positive
    Does a positive on an EtG prove alcohol consumption, or can incidental exposure be argued and won in court?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 05:05 PM
    No.. and it doesn't have to. If you are subject to ETG testing... you were prohibited from contact with all sources of alcohol. It really doesn't matter if you were drinking it.. bathing in it or using it up your butt as an enema. Use is still use.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 05:16 PM
    When subjected to ETG testing you're told of the products that can cause a positive. That includes many cough medicines, hand sanitizer, mouth wash, etc. etc. You should have been given a list. If not, you should be smart enough to know that a positive can happen if you use any product with alcohol in it.

If you tested positive, there's no way to prove that it wasn't due to drinking. A positive is a positive. You won't win in court.

Apr 29, 2014, 05:48 PM
    2lls4got was never told about incidental exposure, or an EtG and what to avoid. Testing center said they would inform others in the future.
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lls4got View Post
    2lls4got was never told about incidental exposure, or an EtG and what to avoid. Testing center said they would inform others in the future.
    Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

Bottom line, there are many products on the market that contain alcohol. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know to avoid items that contain alcohol, when you're being test for alcohol consumption.

If you were to win in court for a positive ETG, which you dispute, you'd have to prove that it wasn't due to actual alcohol consumption, and not just products that contain alcohol. How do you propose to prove that?
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 05:52 PM
    Still doesn't matter... use is use. 99.99% of people with dependency issues will lie or attempt to rationalize it when caught. That's why there are zero excuses accepted.

THe courts that mandated the testing do that... not the testing lab.

I agree.....why are you reffering to yourself in the third person. Its against the site rules for more than one person to use a single account.

Apr 29, 2014, 06:07 PM
    MY research of SAMSHA Advisory, Spring 2012-Volume II-Issue 2. The testing company used as referral this wealth of information that warns Courts of using EtG as proof of actual alcohol consumption rather than possible incidental exposure.
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 06:09 PM
    MY research of SAMSHA Advisory, Spring 2012-Volume II-Issue 2. The testing company used as referral this wealth of information that warns Courts of using EtG as proof of actual alcohol consumption rather than possible incidental exposure.
    I'm not researching what you did.

I have a question. Did you drink alcohol, or not?
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 06:10 PM
    So? Almost every personal care product out there is available in alcohol free formulations... what you are doing is trying to rationalize drinking by trying to argue something else is at fault for a legitimately failed test.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 06:11 PM
    It's not likely that 2lls4got could successfully argue this in court. 2lls4got would probably lose because a fail is a fail and claiming it was hand sanitizer or fumes from napalm will be pretty hard to prove...even if the court cared to hear it. Too many people already use this excuse to try to cover up non-compliance.

Apr 29, 2014, 06:21 PM
    A man will watch his house burn down and later sit in the ashes to eat... Instinct. Will post what I find out from my attorney and chemist for all that are interested. Time to eat.
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 06:22 PM
    A man will watch his house burn down and later sit in the ashes to eat... Instinct. Will post what I find out from my attorney and chemist for all that are interested. Time to eat.
    So you're asking for advice, but now willing to tell the truth?

Did you drink alcohol?

It's a simple question. The truth shall set you free!
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 06:23 PM
    What the heck does that have to do with the price of rice in China?
    Entomology Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 06:25 PM
    Kind of cryptic when you consider what this question is about. So what does that have to do with anything?
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 06:28 PM
    I think someone might have a bottle of a strong adult beverage next to them right now.
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 06:37 PM
    My house has never burned down. If it did, I wouldn't sit in the ashes and eat. I'd mourn my loss. That's human nature. But I have insurance, so I'd build a new house, live it in, and move on.

I think it's time for you to move on. Stop fooling yourself. Obviously this was not a false fail, but a real one. Time to get up from the ashes, and face reality!
    Entomology Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I think someone might have a bottle of a strong adult beverage next to them right now.
    Stop that. It's just hand sanitizer. Lots and lots of hand sanitizer.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    And here I always thought Absolut was for drinking... not rubbing on your hands.
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 06:55 PM
    Let's take this seriously, a bit.

Can't take it too seriously since the OP (original poster) isn't, and that's obvious because of the cryptic nonsense he/she is posting.

Since the OP isn't being honest, and only posting nonsense, I'm going to guess, which is all I can do, since the OP isn't giving us enough info to go by.

I'm guessing the OP is an alcoholic, on probation. I'm guessing the OP drank, and is now worried about fooling a failed ETG Like most addicts, the OP is trying to get out of a positive result by claiming it's something else, when it really isn't something else

Since we won't help him/her beat the system, the OP is posting crap that has nothing to do with his/her actual question.

Until the OP is honest, we can't help.

Bottom line, the OP failed the ETG. Unless the OP can prove to the courts that he/she didn't drink (which is impossible after a failed ETG) he/she is going to suffer the consequences that initiated ETG testing in the first place.

The OP wants to fool the system by claiming he/she used other products that contain alcohol, that prompted the failed ETG. So the OP admits that he/she knew that products containing alcohol could produce a fail on an ETG, but used those products anyway?

Ya, they haven't heard that one before! You're the first! You're the only alcoholic being test for ETG that didn't drink, but had a fail because you had the sniffles, or used hand sanitizer, or mouth wash, or any other product that contains alcohol. They'll totally believe you, because God knows you wouldn't lie. That's sarcasm by the way.

You failed the ETG. You can protest it, and try to explain that it wasn't due to alcohol consumption (which I'm betting is a lie), but unless you can prove it, it's a fail. So you suffer whatever consequences a fail precludes.

Since you won't be honest with us, which means you're not honest at all, I can only offer to help with your addiction. If you need help, ask for it, and we'll be there to do what we can. But until you stop lying to yourself, you're stuck where you are, which means you have to deal with the consequences.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 08:15 PM
    And if you add salt to hand sanitizer it turns to pure alcohol in a drinkable form. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol ets EtG false positive [ 5 Answers ]

Dr. Bill, I tested positive for alcohol but did not consume. The lab report indicates as follows: ETG negative (cutoff 500 ng/ml) ETS positive (cutoff 100 ng/ml) ETS level 120 Creatine 176.1 All else normal

Help, Positive ETG Alcohol test and no alcohol has been consumed? [ 21 Answers ]

And again. More failed ETGs. He is not drinking. What to do? Could there be something wrong with his liver? He DOES NOT drink.

View more questions Search