Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmptitantic Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Is she bored or just young
    Hi all, "is my girlfriend bored of our relationship?? and how to tell??? "

I have a few issues I'm trying to get through and would like some sound advice. I am in a relationshipnow for 2 yrs and 4 months. I am 27 and my girlfriend is 21. We do not have a lot in common but we get along good together. My major concern is that I feel that my girlfriend wants to stay with her friends more than anything. We do spend a lot of time together like weekends and weekly but what I noticed is that when she's with me she calls them and talks to them texts them and whens she's with them I hear from her once in a while shell call for a min or 2 and when I call her she answers but keeps it pretty shoty. Now I no this probably sounds childish I just wanted to see what others felts about it if it's a serious issue or not. She is kind of young and I'm probably further in life than her “for a lack of better words” butI don't know should I make this like its not there or will it get worse?? I bring her flowers a lot and show effection and I don't feel like I get the same back from her. Is this normal with the age difference or could this just be her? Maybbe I'm just to available...
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 10, 2007, 08:38 AM
    I think she is just young.

At 21, she's probably looking to be spontaneous and have fun with her social circle.
    At 27, you're probably looking for more stability and commitment in your life.

You have been together for two years, so I think there is a level of commitment between you, but she's not at the same level you are. I wouldn't make an issue out of this if things are otherwise okay.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 09:00 AM
    I think it comes down to how often do you see her? If you spend the weekends together and on weeknights she goes out with friends this shouldn't really be a problem.

Im 26 and my wife is 24, were still young but she has gone to see friends in Florida the past 2 summers (we live in Canda) and has stayed there 6-8 weeks each time as she doesn't have a full time job. Most weeknights we might talk a few minutes before she goes off to do something but its really not a problem as we talk a lot weekends.

I know its not exactly the same but if you're happy when your together and she is affectionate let her have fun with her friends and don't worry about it so much.

Apr 10, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    I think she is just young.

At 21, she's probably looking to be spontaneous and have fun with her social circle.
    At 27, you're probably looking for more stability and committment in your life.

You have been together for two years, so I think there is a level of committment between you, but she's not at the same level you are. I would make an issue out of this if things are otherwise okay.

Thanks I appreciate that

Apr 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    I think it comes down to how often do you see her? If you spend the weekends together and on weeknights she goes out with friends this shouldnt really be a problem.

Im 26 and my wife is 24, were still young but she has gone to see friends in Florida the past 2 summers (we live in Canda) and has stayed there 6-8 weeks each time as she doesnt have a full time job. Most weeknights we might talk a few minutes before she goes off to do something but its really not a problem as we talk alot weekends.

I know its not exactly the same but if you're happy when your together and she is affectionate let her have fun with her friends and dont worry about it so much.

That makes a lot of sense to me thanks and makes me feel better
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 10, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I think she's just a young one. (;

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bored in Relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy for about 7 months.. we love each other and everything is going great but I've become bored in the relationship. Its like we do the same things all the time.. go to the movies go eat go shopping.. He says he's spontaneous but he's scared I might not like what he wants to...

I this Too Young [ 4 Answers ]

I'm dating a boy that is 2 yrs. Younger than me and we are both in love. He wants to get married now... is that to young for him... and how do I know that it is real then there is his former friend that I dated before that is now wanting me back I love him dearly what do I do... stay or go...

Bored [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16, 153 pounds and I'm like 5'9. I want to loose weight because it would make me feel better. I have a pretty good workout schedule. I run, strength train, and swim. Sometimes I do a kickboxing dvd. BUT I need another alternative. I like to workout in my own space when people aren't watching...

Bored [ 6 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship w/ a guy for 7 months. And every now and then I ask myself why am I still with him, especially because ill be going away to college next year. We were talking today and he told me he really doesn't want to be in a relationship because of the obligations but he still...

Am I calling too much or is this normal~~~im bored that's why!helphelphelp [ 7 Answers ]

I talk to my b/f everyday like 2 times a day but only for like 5 or 10 minutes. I want to try not to call him everyday but I always end up getting bored and calling him anyway. Sometimes he doesn't want to talk... ok most of the time, and only occasionally he does. But I can't help it I get bored...

View more questions Search