Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaeason Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2014, 10:17 AM
    11 week old german shepherd with one floppy ear
    My german shepherd finally has one ear standing nice and strong but the other still flops to the side. I am trying to figure out if I should tape them and when I should do it.Name:  lady.jpg
Views: 2349
Size:  33.9 KB
    carolmonroe38 Posts: 53, Reputation: 8

Apr 28, 2014, 08:50 PM
    Tape it now. You having nothing to lose.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 04:41 AM
    When extremely excited, does he hold the flopping ear up?

I ask because he may be like my Doberman and consciously holding it down.

If you are going to tape, now is the time before the cartilage hardens.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 05:09 PM
    Personally, I like the one floppy ear. But I'm not a breeder, nor do I expect my dogs to be the breed standard, mainly because I usually adopt, and they're mutts, not purebred, except for my beagle.

But if you're going to tape, now's the time to do it. Wait any longer, and it's no longer possible. Know that even with taping, he may end up with one floppy ear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8 week old German Shepherd not eating [ 1 Answers ]

Myself and my partner went and picked up our German Shepherd puppy the Friday just gone and we are having problems getting him to eat his meals. Some days he will eat his breakfast and not eat his dinner and vise versa, and there has been a day where he hasn't eaten anything. We are trying to...

German Shepherd puppy [ 1 Answers ]

HI - I am new to this site. I have got a 12 week german shepherd puppy - we have had her for 1 1/2 weeks so far. She is sleeping outside under cover and also has a kennel so is well protected from the weather/wind and this time of year is nice as we are getting into summer. She is still howling...

Ear standing of German Shepherd [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have the same problem with my German Shepherd pup, he was born on 11th march 2009. That makes him apporx. 14 week old or almost 4 months. Still one of his ear keeps on half standing up and down, the other one is still not standing up. Both of his parents have no problem like that...

German Shepherd [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a 12 month GSD with quite a few problems. He is very dominant. I can't go near his food bowl when he's eating, when I take him for a walk I have to keep him on a lead otherwise he runs off, if any other dog comes near he tries to attack it. I don't work during the day and I got...

German Shepherd [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 year old male German Shepherd. He is highly socialized and has been through training. He has never had any real aggression other than the barking at strangers when entering the home. He was neutured at six months. Yesterday, I was at a college event outside at the park. A friend...

View more questions Search