Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    destinysweet11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2014, 09:58 AM
    Please Help My mother says she hates me..
    I had a major fight with my mother. She was banging on the my bedroom door, she called me names like a slut, whore, and she screamed in her room that she hated me, she called me ugly, said I'm fat, and a bunch of other terrible things. She said "That ugly daughter I have". Then she wanted me to get out, and disconected my internet. So here I am I came to the library and I have my dog with me. I am to scared to go home because she will probably still be mad, but I need a place to stay! I am 18 I am desperately looking for a job but I cannot find one! I really want to move out now I guess I should just starve in my car with my dog. I am in a real terrible situation I need help. I am mentally messed up over this. I am scared to go to the police station or anything like that because she will be mad and what can they do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 28, 2014, 10:04 AM
    Sounds like a lot of words spoken in anger and hurt feelings. What was the argument all about? I know its really tough out here for everyone, not just you, but for now let the dust settle and maybe cooler heads can prevail.

Hard to make a plan with no job and maybe any job you can get is what you need just for a few bucks. No McDonalds, or Walmart near you?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2014, 10:07 AM
    What bought all this on? Is this the first time she did this?

Is there a women's shelter in your area? The police can help you find one. (Seems like she's already mad, so going to the police for help shouldn't make things worse -- and might help you and your dog a lot.)
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2014, 10:36 AM
    What was your part in this... arguments don't happen in a vacuum.

YOU do also understand its HER house... you are only a temporary resident in it. And at 18 she doesn't have to support you any longer, or give you a place to live. In fact... staying with her past your 18th birthday is a mater of following her house rules and giving her all due respect as a parent.

Most parents would do it as long as you behave... but start tellign them what is and isn't going to happen under their roof is a sure fired way to get thrown out.

THere is a lot here leading up to this fight you aren't telling us... mostly what you said and what your part was in it... and what started it. I'm guessing by the conspicuous absence of that information... you had something to do with it.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 28, 2014, 12:05 PM
    What started the argument? Do you have a relative or friend you can stay with while you settle things with your mom?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother hates me! [ 2 Answers ]

OK here's my problem. My mother hates me. She points out every possible flaw in me and makes fun of me for everything that I do because I do stupid sh#* a lot . She tells me she wants to get rid of me and acts like I'm horrible in front of other people and literally never listens to me. Its sh*&+* !

My Mother Hates Me [ 5 Answers ]

I am 56, my Mother is 75. She didn't really raise me as much as my Grandmother did which has caused problems. She hated her mother, my grandmother and now is transferring that hate towards me a and my family. My grandmother has been dead for 20 years and still she tells me and everyone and...

Why do my mother hates me? [ 3 Answers ]

My mother has a boyfriend and when I do something he calls her & tell her my older brother we always seem to argue he always says things to bring me down then my mother she never think to ask why or what happen she always put me out.

My mother hates me! [ 6 Answers ]

Parents are supposed to praise their children every once in awhile.For good marks or good behavior or doing a good deed.That's never happened to me.I'm different than most kids,I love to clean and cook and do chores so I do all these and I make sure I do them really well,for I am perfectionist,but...

My mother hates me [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 38 years old and my mum hates he. When I was 5 my step father started to abuse me this went on for 8 years. Shortly after he was arrested for it my mother told me it was my fault( I know now that this is untrue) as the years passed we have got on less and less and I build up a resilience to her...

View more questions Search