Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

Apr 26, 2014, 07:10 PM
    Proper brickmolding on vinyl windows
    Hello, was looking for guides on how to install brickmold, or exterior trim in general, on vinyl windows. I have put a new vinyl window with 1-1/4" nail fins in a stucco wall and am about to reapply the stucco around the window (as on the photo). As far as I understand, it is better to have stucco butted up against wood brickmold rather than relatively soft vinyl. The store brickmolds are not much wider than the nail fin though -- what is the right way to install them then?

I will apply a layer of flashing tape to the nail fin before brickmolding, of course.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback and reference. Thanks and best wishes, h.
    Attached Images

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding paint peeling . I have a customer who bought vinyl windows [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Lab Man Vinyl window , painted factory exterior . Home stuccoed after windoews installed . Painters tape and plastic used to protect windows . Tape peeled paint off . Contractor said they used red prep tape ? What do you think. Stucco guy or window guy ?

Vinyl Windows Don't Stay Up - issue with string? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a few vinyl windows that don't stay up. They are all along the same wall, so I don't know if that means the house is shifting, or it's just a coincidence. I opened the bottom sash by releasing the springs at the top and then re-closed it - hoping that would help. It did not. At the...

Vinyl pool - proper water level at closing? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 24,000 gallon in ground vinyl pool - Baltimore MD - usually the water level is about 1' below skimmers, but I drained more this year - almost 2-2.5 ft below the skimmers. Is this a problem - should I partially refill it? Besides blowing out the lines, what else would you recommend? ...

Vinyl Double Hung Windows don't LOCK [ 1 Answers ]

All, So I just bought a condo, it has vinyl double hung windows. Bad part is that they don't lock. I push the top window as far as possible, and the lower one down as much as it can go, but I am still 1/2 inch off from the latch being able to lock. How can I correct this ? Is it expensive...

Proper underlayment for vinyl floor starting at floor joists [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper way to build up a floor to prepare for vinyl flooring? I'm building a mud-room in the garage attached to the house, 5' by 13' . Presently I have the joists installed and am ready for subfloor. I am planning to use 3/4" T&G UDL plywood, glued to joists with construction...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.