Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Big paul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2014, 06:18 AM
    How much does a employer have to pay in Perdiem
    If I'm working out of town . How much per day does my employer have to pay me.
    Big paul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2014, 06:22 AM
    How much does employers have to pay a day in Perdiem
    I work in north Carolina. I'm going out of town to work foe five days. How much do I get a day in Perdiem.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 26, 2014, 06:59 AM
    You don't have to keep posting your question. We are all volunteers here, so you will have to wait until a qualified person comes on to answer your question.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 26, 2014, 07:06 AM
    There is no federal law, and no law in NC. I think only CA and TX have some.

Although not legally required, reimbursing employees for work-related expenses is tax deductible as a business expense. To make it work, employers need to either account for each expenditure or use a per diem rate plan. The rate plan is based on IRS-established per diem rates for two categories: lodging and meals plus incidental expenses. The IRS publishes the approved current rates on its website and in Publ. 142, Per Diem Rates.

In other words - ask your employer. They don't have to do anything, but they probably have policy on this.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2014, 07:21 AM
    Under a union labor contract? It will typically specify. If not union, they can pay anything they want. Before I retired, my company would pay all motel expenses, with documentation and up to $25 per day food, without receipts.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 26, 2014, 07:24 AM
    It depends on the rules and policy of your company. Every company is different and unique to them. A call to Human Resources may help you.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 26, 2014, 07:47 AM
    I worked at a place that would send us out of town for a few days at a time. We got paid our normal working rate plus hotel and food. Nothing more. We either agreed to do it or they could find someone else that would work for them.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2014, 08:13 AM
    As was stated... they don't HAVE to pay you anything at all... what they will pay will be a matter of written policy or part of a labor contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 Perdiem tax free if I separate perdiem and labor? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm single owner of my own LLC. I get paid weekly by submitting an invoice. I put a laor amount per week along with a separate line for perdiem because I work out of state. Is perdiem tax free in my case? Can I use the max allowed from publication form 1542? The consulting firm says I can but...

How I pay my tax for the year if my employer not able to pay? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on work permit from 2008 with this employer but he hav't paid any tax for me from his company.I have complated my 10 year resident so I am going to apply for ILR ON 10 YEARS Bases. I was working other part time jobs and were paying taxes.Bucause this is my main job but I havt paid any tax...

I pay $1 for LTD premiums after taxes and employer pays rest. Is my LTD pay taxable [ 1 Answers ]

I pay $ 1 for LTD premiums after taxes. My employer pays rest of premium for LTD for me. Will my LTD checks be taxable now that I've just been granted full disability?

How much employer should pay taxes again on my w2 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Advance Thanks for answering my Question! Can you please tell me How much employer should pay taxes again on my w2 after paying withholding taxes.. ( SSN,Health,Federal)... Will they pay separate taxes again on our salary ? I am located in VA. Thanks!

View more questions Search