Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Apr 25, 2014, 09:17 PM
    Heart racing problems
    So my heart has been beating and racing pretty fast today and I don't have a clue as to why that might be. It sort of hurts a little bit. Could it be because lack of sleep or what?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 25, 2014, 09:19 PM
    There are hundreds of causes of this. You will have to see a doctor as it would not only foolish, but dangerous, for someone online to give you medical advice regarding cardiac issues.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2014, 08:39 AM
    I am 100% behind J_9 on this... you really NEED to see a doctor about this... specifically a cardiologist to find ot why. I have a family member who has experienced this for years.
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Apr 27, 2014, 11:40 PM
    Smoothy what did they have?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 28, 2014, 12:19 AM
    It doesn't matter what Smoothy's family member had. That is totally unrelated to you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2014, 05:03 AM
    Yes, as J_9 states, you'll have to be seen and diagnosed by a doctor... there is more than one thing that causes it... some can be treated and others can't. THere really isn't a one size fits all answer to this problem. It might be as simple as treatment to deal with panic attacks.. to as bad as needing a pacemaker to regulate it... and there are a LOT of possibilities between those two extremes.

My family member has a problem that leans towards the latter... and has been monitored for years in case it gets worse, in which case intervention would be needed. But only a physician can determine the root cause of yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please help troubleshooting Honda Accord EX V6 losing power/racing problems. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for help with my '99 honda accord ex v6. It will be driving and all of a sudden lose power and the rpms drop way down. And then, if you're foot is still on the gas, it races to get back up to speed, causing an almost stall and then a racing lurch forward. This pattern continues and...

Tell me what are my chances of having a heart attack or heart problems [ 2 Answers ]

OK first of all my grandpa had 3 heart attacks and 4 heart failures my grandmother has had heart problems my dad has heart problems and my uncle died of a heart attack. So are my chances high

What could be the cause of my heart problems [ 6 Answers ]

I am 28 years old. For a couple years now I have had mild chest pain off and on. I've seen cardiologists and no one had ever found anything. In July of 2009 I started having moderate chest pain, chest pressure and shortness of breath. My o2 was always 100% and I had a sinus rhythm but starting...

Heart Racing [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I had a problem where for some reason my heart would start racing and sometimes palpitate. My doctor said there was nothing wrong with my heart but he advised me to lay off caffeinated beverages. Now they have come back. I had them bad last night, but I did accidentally ingest an amount...

View more questions Search