Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dern Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2014, 05:27 PM
    Master cylinder
    OK, guys here we go. I have a rounded brake line nut on the master cylinder and need some help taking it off. Any suggestions? Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2014, 05:43 PM
    Didn't use flare nut wrenches... right?

Vice grips always worked for me... but if they were that buggered up... the brake line really needs replaced too.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2014, 08:28 PM
    Vise-Grips.

Apr 24, 2014, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Didn't use flare nut wrenches... right?

Vice grips always worked for me... but if they were that buggered up... the brake line really needs replaced too.
    I have flare wrenches. The nut was already rounded
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2014, 04:23 AM
    If you end up replacing the brake line and installing a new nut, be sure to use a double-flaring tool to properly form the ends.

Apr 25, 2014, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    If you end up replacing the brake line and installing a new nut, be sure to use a double-flaring tool to properly form the ends.
    Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Superduty Leaking Master Cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Ford f250 Superduty and have been noticing a drips of brake fluid in the cab behind the brake pedal. With a closer look, it appears the "plunger rod" going into the rear of the master cylinder is wet. Can this be fixed with a rebuild or does it have to be outright replaced?

Brake fluid leak- is it the master cylinder? [ 7 Answers ]

First, my Honda Accord is a 1987 and has seen about 300,000 miles. It is slowly leaking break fluid, because about every two weeks the brake light comes on and I have to put in more fluid. I have looked at it, and the front right caliper is damp with brake fluid so I am replacing that caliper. I am...

Clutch master cylinder kit [ 1 Answers ]

HI I have a toyota hilux 86 petrol 2.0 ltr. I want to replace the seals in the clutch master cylinder. I have bought the kit and am looking for some tips or advice. Matthew

Master Cylinder with ABS Questionn [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question, I have a 1997 Hyundai Accent GS with power brakes and I need to replace the master cylinder. I'm not sure if my car is equipped with ABS or not, I was wondering if I could install a master cylinder with ABS on my car if my car doesn't have ABS on it? Or would I have to just buy a...

1993 accord cluch master cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change a culch master cylinder on a 93 accord

View more questions Search