Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    immiConfusion Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2014, 01:41 PM
    H4 to H1B after 6 years based on I-140
    I am in my 7th year of H1 with an approved H1B till October 2015
    I have approved I-140 from my employer as well

Due to personal circumstances I am switching to an H4 visa under my husbands H1.
    In 6 months I would want to start working again. When my future employer file for an H1 for me:

1) Would I be subject to visa cap
    2) Would I be able to start working as soon as I get the approval?

I would really appreciate anyone's help and advice in this matter.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 24, 2014, 02:27 PM
    You would be able to start working again as soon as you get approval, but why haven't you phoned immigration for this answer ?
    immiConfusion Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2014, 05:58 PM
    Thanks a lot. What's the source?
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You would be able to start working again as soon as you get approval, but why haven't you phoned immigration for this answer ?
    Firstly, thanks a lot for your answer. Can I ask the source of your information. Someone you know, immigration attorney or USCIS? Can you please share link if you have one.

BTW whom do you refer to when you say phoned immigration - USCIS or some immi attorney?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curtis Builders is borrowing $140,000 today for 5 years. The loan is an interest-only [ 2 Answers ]

Curtis Builders is borrowing $140,000 today for 5 years. The loan is an interest-only loan with an APR of 9.5 percent. Payments are to be made annually. What is the amount of the first annual payment?

The half-life of Cesium-137 is 30 years. Suppose we have a 140-mg sample. [ 1 Answers ]

The half-life of Cesium-137 is 30 years. Suppose we have a 140-mg sample. i. What is the function that describes how much is left after t years? ii. How much of the sample remains (mg) after 8 years? iii.After how many years will only 10 mg remain?

H1b renewal or recapture time (with an I-140 approved) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would appreciate some advice and help from the community here: My H1b expires on July-30th next month and that will complete my 6 years of H1b. My employer applied for my green card under EB1 category and my I-140 got approved couple of months back and the priority date is current. Now...

First time homebuyer h1b treaty-based [ 2 Answers ]

I've been working here on H1B visa since July 2008. In my 2008 tax return, I was given full refund due to the US-Philippine Treaty that states that H1B visa holders are exempted for the first two years of work here. In addition, my tax-preparer filled out forms 1040 and 8833. WILL I STILL BE...

H1B holder based outside USA [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1B visa and will be outside USA for more than full calender year. Do I have to pay Any tax Fed. state, including Social security medicare etc.. Thanks, Prafulla

View more questions Search