Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HorseCrazy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2014, 12:00 PM
    Why does my family hate me?
    I'm going to be truthful here and just let everything out that's bothering me. In the past I have lied a lot but that's in the past! Anything I do now my parents don't believe me! I don't like how smart my sisters are because I always and can never get higher than a B or a C! My parents always judge me compared to my sisters and say I spend too much time in my bedroom! I do my homework and studied a lot! That's all I do in my bedroom! I don't like spending g time with them because all they do is put me down! I do all the chores in the house from top to bottom like everyday and I get no praise all I get is my mom saying "I didnt do it properly" its so annoying and if my sisters do it once they get all the praise in the world and its not fair! Yeah I'm 15 but I'm allowed to be moody sometimes! I'm a normal teenager! My sisters practically didn't have one, they never went out, always gets As without studying and are little angles! What's wrong with me that my parents don't like? I'm doing my best and I can't do anything more! My life is so hard!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2014, 12:16 PM
    Really... the past... if you are still living at home it can't be that far in the past. How long has it been since you "stopped lying" What prompted this... thats an incredibly hard habit to break. What have you done to earn their trust back... and after lying profusely... you do have to earn that trust back... its not an entitlement onc eyou have proven yourself unworthy of it.

Depending on the lies told... and the severity of them... determines if they can be forgiven... and how soon. At 15 I'm betting you only made this miraculous transformation into sainthood days or weeks ago.

So you are 15... no that is NOT a free pass to be moody... sorry... that ends about the time you are toilet trained and start school. At 15 you are capable of keeping your behaviour under control... and you are fully aware of what is and isn't acceptable behaviour.

Poor thing... your life is sooooo hard. News flash... you don't have a real job other than your chores and school work... you have no real responsibilities beyond what your parents give you... they pay for and provide everything. You are going to learn what a "hard life " really is in a few years when if you spout off you your boss you get fired... if you get fired you don't get paid... if you don't get paid you get thrown out of your place because you can't pay the rent... the water electric,phone and internet get shut off because you don't pay the bill, you don't get to eat because you have no money to buy anything.

And nobody from the day you turn 18 is legally required to give you anything or do anything for you (including your parents). And that continues the rest of your natural life.

Oh poor thing... how hard your life is... bwaaahahaha... sorry but I have to laugh. You don't know what a hard life is. We have at another member here who's name I will not disclose (if she reads this thread she is welcome to introduce herself)... she would LOVE to trade her life for yours if you find it too hard.

Hate to tell you this... but the rest of your life is going to be doing your best, to please your boss, or your customers... its never going to be do whatever you want and the hell with what anyone else thinks... pay attention to them... they are certainly telling you exactly what you are doing wrong... you just have to be willing to listen to hear it.

Yes almost all of the people on this site have been 15 before... many of them actually DID have hard lives... yours sounds about as average a story as I've seen or heard of.
    HorseCrazy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2014, 01:01 PM
    Obvously you don't know what I'm going through! Yeah I'm 15 and I do have a job actually and I work to the best of my ability! You can't tell be that I'm having an average life because my life is hell! I can't go a day where I am happy! You don't know what I am going through! And since my mom and dad owns a business, my life is pretty much planned out for me! I can't work for anyone else because my boss in the future will still be my parents! I wasn't asking for your opinion on my life, I just wanted to know why my parents are so harsh on my and so nice to my sisters!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2014, 01:30 PM
    1) Lying takes a very, very long time to get over by the people who were lied to. Why should they believe that you stopped? Because you say so? You have to prove it, and there's a big price to pay doing that.
    2) No you don't have to work for your parents after high school. I know that you think that at 15 because you think you have no control over your future - wrong. What do you want to really do? Will your parents let you go to college, or learn a skill for a career?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2014, 02:55 PM
    Your family doesn't hate you. You have been rather distracted by boy problems and dealing with a lot of drama and emotions, so its just a bad time is all but will get better once you have resolved those hurt feelings and resentments and quit lying for a while as you apply yourself better.

You haven't really been that fair with your family or yourself and that can make everything miserable for you. Chill, it will get better, but start with stop blaming others for your misery. It's referred to as an attitude adjustment. You can wallow in self pity and anger, or yo can make a decision to do better.

Up to YOU.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2014, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseCrazy View Post
    Obvously you don't know what I'm going through! Yeah I'm 15 and I do have a job actually and I work to the best of my ability! You can't tell be that I'm having an average life because my life is hell! I can't go a day where I am happy! You don't know what I am going through! And since my mom and dad owns a business, my life is pretty much planned out for me! I can't work for anyone else because my boss in the future will still be my parents! I wasn't asking for your opinion on my life, I just wanted to know why my parents are so harsh on my and so nice to my sisters!
    Gee, mom and dad has a business and you get to pretend you are really working hard there... I bet if anyone else did exactly what you did, they would end up fired. Yes I know OH... about a dozen families with their own businesses and kids, restaurants actually... and I know them really well, well enough to know all the family secrets and dirty laundry, which is REALLY well. That's how it is at every family business. Your life experience is what exactly... this very narrow window of our own personal experience? Yeah... I hear this ALL the time... how its so awful they have to wash dishes... or clean their room or GASP , mow the lawn... and oh how unfair that is.

You work exactly how many hours a week at this "job"? 10, 15 maybe 20 then that's a hobby, try doing 40, 50 or 60 hours a week... every week... for not a month or two... but the next almost 60 years... That's what you have to look forward to.

I'd be surprised if your parents only work 50 or 60 a week owning their own business... I'll bet they do even more. If you think you are working oh so hard now... wait another few years... you will be longing for the days you had it as easy as you do now.

Your parents aren't being harsh on you... they are making you work... and not sit on your butt like a prima donna until you are 18... I applaud them for doing that. They are actually doing you a great favor... one you don't have the maturity to understand yet... but in a few years you will. And those "friends" who sit on their butts getting fat now you have... are going to be having a HUGE problem adjusting to life in the real world... while you actually have a sample of it already.

Plus EVERY teenager whines and moans about how 'haaaaaard" it is for them and how "noooooobody" can possibly understand... proves how little they know about life because EVERYONE older than you has been through this... and they ALL know how wrong they were then... and you are now, because they were ALL there too.

Sorry... just not buying it at all.

You want a hard life as a child. A good friend of mine actually HAD a hard life as a child... how about being protituted out as a small child (from 6 or 7) so your parents in exchange fr cash and drugs for your parents... chained to a wall so you couldn't run away... and at 12 ofter YEARS of this get a chance when they got stoned and forgot to lock you up... then you spend years fending foryourself living on the streets... eventually as an adult getting married, having a few kids and spending a few decades in therapy to dealing with PTSD and a few other issues that directly resulted from the abuse.

But end up not spending you time complaining about it... and in fact not telling anyone but a few of your closest friends and your therapist... and outwardly being a very friendly and giving person who bends over backwards to do whatever she can to help her famly.

Sorry... what you are going through sounds extremely average... and not at all a harsh life.

Sorry... I don't buy it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do my family hate me? [ 2 Answers ]

My father and mother always fight with me all the time. I'm afriad that we have lost the love between each other, for every good thing I do I get no reward or praise and for every bad thing I do I here nothing but critisizm, abuse, and threats from my parents. We always fight about the littlest...

My family hate him [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE Reply ASAP!! Ok,so me and this guy have been dating for about 8 month now,we have a healthy relationship.we laugh.we cry.we smile.we fight.everything is going great... until recently... my family(aunt,and 17 years old my cousins) hate him! My aunt has something aginsted him mother,and my...

Hate my family [ 3 Answers ]

I really do hate my family , they treat me like a dog , they chuck me around and I don't want to do the things I don't want to do , we always argue me and my dad and my mum , so really its me on my own and my mum and dad together , I just want to leave home and go see my friends and my boyfriend ,...

I hate my family! [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mum and dad and my little sister and frankly, every day with them is absolute torture. My dad hits me in heated arguments, my little sister is a spoilt brat and my mum is just a . My mum lives on the philosophy that if she isn't resting, I shouldn't be either. She believes that...

I hate my family [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I really can't do this any more my f**kin dad is driving me crazy I hate him so much I want to kill him why can't he go back to jail I was so happy when he was there.All he does is drink and smoke.He is cheating on my mom and she knows it but she loves him she says I hope he gives he STD or...

View more questions Search