Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BPDGirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2014, 08:32 PM
    Am I possibly pregnant ?
    I had sex, and 2-3 days later I had a period. My periods are regular, and came early, and wasn't heavy and only lasted 3 days instead of 5. I had missed birth control for about a week at the time. Should I go buy a test ? No symptoms so far and it's been a week. But Mom didn't show symptoms with me for 2 months, so I don't know. Advice ?
    BPDGirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2014, 08:35 PM
    Edit
    By the way, my periods are 32 days apart
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 24, 2014, 07:03 AM
    The only symptom that is reliable when it comes to pregnancy is a missed period. Case in point your mother. Since you had sex and then had a period the chances of pregnancy are extremely low. Chances are you are having a wonky period that is just a little lighter than usual. Nothing really to be worried about. There is still a chance that you could be pregnant and I'll explain how and why. Hormonal birth control works by release a hormone in such a level that the body thinks it's already pregnant and as such doesn't need to release an egg. It finds at the end of the month or months that it is in fact not pregnant so it has a period. The hormone has to be in a constant level for this mechanism to work. That is why you should use a secondary form of birth control if you're just starting or have missed more than one or two pills in a row. If the hormone level drops, your body could take over and release an egg. After that point if you have unprotected sex, it could get fertilized and BAM! Pregnant. As well it is hard to say when you tend to ovulate during your cycle. If you are a 'late' ovulator than missing your pills and having unprotected sex could also result in pregnancy.

The take home message is, yes you could be pregnant, but it is unlikely and you're more likely not. Regardless of what we say or think you should wait until your next period and if it doesn't come within two weeks of when you expect it to then take a pregnancy test. First morning urine and for the love of pete read and follow the directions.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I possibly be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Im 21 Years old, my last period was 10 days late but I still got it I did not bleed as much I usually do, before that I took pregnancy tests that came out as negative yet even after my period I'm experiencing cramps, headaches, tender breasts and mood swings. Can I be pregnant even though I've...

I'm an adult and possibly pregnant--parents will kill me if I'm pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

Well I'm in my mid 20's still studying in a relationship (not engaged or married) have been together almost a year don't live together. My parents are very religious and my sister is their golden child she dated her now husband for many years before he proposed and even though they've been married...

Possibly pregnant.possibly [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 22 year old male from puerto rico. These recent months have been horrible in my life and my mental stability has been a huge roller coaster ride that now appears to be at the highest peak before the steepest fall. I recently got back together with the love of my life, a beautiful woman who I...

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search