Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rabidm Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Attaching ceramic corner shelf to ceramic tiles
    I want to add a couple of ceramic shelves to my bathroom ceramic tub surround. What can you use to attach ceramic shelves to ceramic tiles? I tried the same glue used to put tiles on the drywall but they just slide. Thanks in advance!
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Apr 4, 2007, 06:38 AM
    You can hold them in place with a hot glue and then use silicone around the edges to get a permanent bond. If you don't have a glue gun, you can put construction adhesive or silicone behind and hold them in place with tape overnight. Then put the slilcone around the edge. Give the silicone enough time to cure before use - at least 24 hours.

(You also need to tape the desired borders for the silicone before applying, smooth it immediately, and remove tape at once. Silicone is harder to use than caulk, but much better and longer lasting.)
    rabidm Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Thanks! But I am not quite sure what you mean with your last point (one in brackets). Can you elaborate?
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Apr 4, 2007, 08:17 AM
    I don't know if you have used 100% silicone, but you need to mask the surface around where it is applied. As opposed to latex-silicone caulk, where you can apply and then smooth with a finger or rag to get the desired finish appearance. The silicone will stick to everything and make a mess if you try to do it that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud cracking noise under ceramic tiles on concrete slab floor. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Florida and my home was built in 1994. Last night I was woken up by a very loud cracking noise under my floor tiles in the laundry room off the garage. None of the tiles broke,but now when I walk on them it sounds like there is loose mortar underneath them. My question is... what...

Ceramic Tiles on a Concrete Basement Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install ceramic tiles in my basement. The floor is concrete. What do I have to do?

Help, can I put new ceramic tiles over existing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Can I replace old tiles by putting new ones on top is there any thing special I should do to prepare for this , they are in a bathtub area.:o

Can you paint ceramic tiles? [ 2 Answers ]

I have ceramic tiles between the counter top and where the cabinets start in my kitchen. I think this is called the back wash? I plan on changing the kitchen scheme in the near future, but removing the tile doesn't seem appealing. Are there paints that adhere to these? Even if it was textured...

Ceramic [ 1 Answers ]

What are ceramics?

View more questions Search