Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lexxii1122 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2014, 08:36 AM
    Am I pregnant or just imagining things?
    My mom is a nurse and she's told me that a girl can get pregnant even if the guy doesn't ejaculate inside of her. I had, somewhat, unprotected sex with my boyfriend about 2 months ago, and I was 2 days late for my period last month. I got my period but it was really light and it lasted less than 3 days. Then about a 2 weeks ago I was really dizzy for a week. I was on time for my period and the flow was normally heavy but it lasted for only 3 days when it usually lasts for 5 to 6 days. Well, I feel funny. I do not feel like myself. I am still getting the dizzy spells. My areolas have gotten bigger and darker. I lost my appetite. I have to forcefully eat something because I need to eat. I feel sick after I eat. Feel nauseous. Tired. In all, I do not feel like myself at all. My boyfriend says that it is impossible but I have been reading and researching and yes it is possible and also like I mentioned earlier, my mother is a nurse. My grandmother (who is also a nurse) told me that one of her older sisters had her monthly period the first 4 to 5 months for one of her pregnancies. I am going to take an at home test, but I want to know if there is a chance. Help, please? And by the way I am 20 years old.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2014, 08:44 AM
    Your mom is right... besides... how can you have somewhat unprotected sex? It either was or wasn't. That's like being a little bit pregnant. You either are or aren't....there is no halfway.

Your breasts won't change visibly for 3-4 months into a pregnancy. And you won't be showing for some time after that.

Your grandmother is also partiually right... you may have misunderstood her a little bit however... pregnant women CAN in rare cases have what is called a FALSE period... its not a real period however.

You already know what the answer is... you had sex... therefore a pregnancy is ALWAYS possible, birth control only reduces the odds... how much depends on what is being used and if its being used correctly. There is never a zero percent chance.

We have two members here I know who have gotten pregnant while using three forms of birth control... on of them is a nurse... had it happen twice.

Consider the statistical odds of that happening... to show its not only possible... but it does happen more often than most people believe.
    lexxii1122 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2014, 09:18 AM
    You are absolutely right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant or just imagining it? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok sorry in advance for the TMI. Ok I "feel" pregnant and I'm sure I'm having early symptoms such as very sore breast, cramping, fatigue and queasyness and what I thought should have been my period was 4 days early and only had 1 day of bleeding and 1 day of brownish discharge. I have taken 3...

Not sure if there is a ghost following me or I am imagining things. [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I've started getting the odd feeling that someone is following me or watching me at home and mostly in my room. The first thing that happened was when I was sitting at the dresser in my room straigtning my hair and my phone was next to me on the table. I looked away from it and when I...

Am I imagining or what? [ 0 Answers ]

Okay it all started in March, my period was light/pinkish, then in April I missed my period, in May my period was light/pink till the last two days which were back to normal, June was another missed period. I have been having an upset stomach everyday on and off for a few weeks now. I also have had...

Does she like me or am I imagining things? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, Something very strange keeps happening, there is this really nice girl I keep seeing working in my local supermarket. Basically on 4 occasions now when I have made eye contact with her she gives me the biggest smile! Now I don't know whether she is just being friendly or if she like me...

Does he love me or am I imagining? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I really need help with this.am madly in love with guy at work and it's been killing me everyday, the story goes back 3 months ago when I was working where I work and oneday that guy who workes in another branch of the same company I work in, he came and I ddn't know who he was and what he...

View more questions Search