Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LPJ Fourie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2014, 10:57 PM
    About account number
    Good day. I have received an email that said I have won a amount. The man in spain have send me a letter from Caixabank Madrid-Spain to verify my tjek with is account number and deposit reference number, can you please check that for me and let me know if its true. Account number; 2100572546 and deposit reference number; EM/346052/159. Kind Regards Louis Fourie
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 22, 2014, 11:09 PM
    It is a scam.

Think about this...you said that you won....did you actually enter to win?

I win money every week but it's not real. They will want you to pay them a fee to get your winnings and if you pay, not only will you NOT get any winnings but then there will be a reason that you need to send another fee...and another...until you give up after having nothing left.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2014, 03:13 AM
    Why would you believe you won anything you did not buy a ticket for? Nobody ever randomly has contests they give money to people in other countries...or even their own without a entry or ticket being bought.

This is Obviously a scam. Ignore it.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Apr 23, 2014, 03:49 AM
    This will not be the last internet email you will get, once you get the first one, they are
    preparing another one. Delete, Delete, Delete.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 23, 2014, 04:43 AM
    You should not even be opening such mail. They may contain trojans to allow them into your system.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Apr 23, 2014, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You should not even be opening such mail. They may contain trojans to allow them into your system.
    He has it right. Be careful about opening emails from unknown senders.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 23, 2014, 07:57 AM
    I just get the feeling that the OP is not going to listen and is going to do what they want anyway. I feel they just came here in hopes that we would say it was real. The lack of response from them makes me think they are going to find out there is no money...but do it the hard way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Account number ******.where can my love one search policy [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my loved on insurance policy. Where can I find it?

Can a checking account be garnished if they don't know the account number? [ 3 Answers ]

When a court ordered judgment is entered against you, can it randomly be sent to any bank to determine if you have an account there, or do they have to know what your checking account number is in order to send the garnishment?

Someone has my account number and routing number [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone withdraw money from my account if they have my account number and routing number?

Old girlfriends number on wireless account [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, my boyfriend had a call on the cell phone account, 33 minutes so I checked it out and found it was an old girlfriend from school. He said he saw her sister out and she asked for his cell number. The old girlfriend called him and the chatted 33 min! Anyway I was checking out the bill and...

View more questions Search