Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rory86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2014, 02:36 PM
    No spark
    I am hoping someone has an idea of what is wrong. I have a 93 Toyota Camry. Have had no issues until last week. Car started fine, but just stopped. It felt like I had run out of gas. I was still in our driveway. The battery is new, checked battery cables, ignition coil, module, distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs. When I turn the key, it cranks but there is no spark. I have had 4 people who are fairly knowledgeable about cars, and all are stumped. I appreciate any ideas. Thank you
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 22, 2014, 04:18 PM
    How is the timing belt?
    rory86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2014, 05:12 PM
    Timing belt
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    How is the timing belt?
    I forgot to mention that the timing belt was replaced last year
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2014, 07:47 PM
    . Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check for codes.

. Replace the coil and Ignition Control Module, if they have 125,000 miles or 10 years on them. These are the two items that account for most no spark situations. Old distributor caps, rotors, and spark plug wires often cause coils and ICMs to fail when they are not replaced every 60,000 miles--high secondary resistance causes the high voltage to turn on itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Honda Accord--no start, good spark but spark plugs wet with fuel [ 1 Answers ]

Help with why plugs wet with fuel

Rheem Classic 90, inducer runs, but no spark. No codes, ~70v DC at spark generator. [ 0 Answers ]

Pressure switch is closing, I tested it for continuity at the control board. No codes, but FLM light flickers rapidly. Also gas valve does not appear to be opening for pilot--perhaps waiting to detect a spark? Held a grounded lead close to high voltage terminal on spark generator, no spark there...

Spark ignitor does not spark and blower constantly blowing cold air [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Day & Night by Carrier Product: 395BAW048080ABJA Model: 395BAW048080 Date of mgf: 1987 My Day & Night by Carrier is constantly blowing cold air even when the thermostat is on Off or Auto. When trying to turn the heat on, the blower just constantly blows cold air. I've tested the...

Sears lawn mower, 5.5 hp no spark, replaced the spark plug and ignition coil . Stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Model 917373982 sears mower 5.5 hp, no spark replaced the spark plug and ignition coil. I'm stuck

Intermittent spark ignition spark but will not light pilot on natural gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Johnson ultra air 97 natural gas furnace , 18 years old Starting sequence 1) exhaust blower and main blower come on 2) 2 seconds later intermittent spark igniter starts sparking , but will not ignite pilot Will shut down after maybe 20 seconds , do not smell any gas Things I've tried......

View more questions Search