Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miss1989 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2014, 05:25 PM
    How do you make eyeshadow waterproof
    Hi all

I have a TFP Photoshoot coming up and it's at the beach it will require me coming in and out of the water dunking my head etc so my face will be wet. Primers don't work and I don't want to spend the entire Photoshoot fixing my make-up is there anything I can mix into my eyeshadows and foundation that will stay on in water and won't rub off?

I can't really get out to a store either as the shoot is tomorrow (I know last minute but I didn't think I had to wet my hair and face that was last minute decision by the photographer) so is there anything I can use that I might already have at home?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 05:28 PM
    If the photographer is in charge of this, there should be a makeup artist doing your makeup, and he/she should have the right products.

There's really no way to make regular makeup waterproof. You either buy the waterproof makeup, or you take your chances.
    12bob12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2014, 10:02 PM
    This is going to sound really weird but it you buy a strong good hairspray, shut your eyes and apply its all over your face, but do not open your eyes for about 2-5 minutes just in case it gets into your eyes, if you want to then you could apply more that 1 coat. Make sure that you do not hold the can too close to your face, instead make sure that it is more mist then full on liquid covering your face, this is why you may need afew coats

I hope this helps but it may not be something that you would want to try :)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 10:06 PM
    I don't know that advising someone to spray hair spray at their eyes (opened or closed) is the best idea to suggest.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Apr 22, 2014, 08:51 AM
    I'm not sure about the hairspray idea either - especially if she's going to have to get her face wet! The hairspray would get right in her eyes, ouch!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2014, 03:17 PM
    I think the hairspray idea is a very ill advised plan. Hairspray is not meant to go on your face. It will get in her eyes, no matter how careful she is, especially since she's going to be going in water, and hairspray isn't water proof. Have you ever gotten hairspray in your eyes? It really hurts.

Not a good idea at all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2014, 03:20 PM
    Forget the hairspray idea, just send someone to the store and buy some waterproof make up. All those smart talented professionals on the set and everybody is to busy to go get what you need? I don't get it. What guy would?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 22, 2014, 03:22 PM
    How about NO makeup. Just lipstick which will work in water only if you don't get your hands or arms near your mouth. An oil based blusher will work as well. There are several new ones out that will do the job. Experiment with eyeshadow at your sink. I am sure you will find some that will stay on long enough.

I wouldn't have a problem with this, I would just investigate in my own bathroom at the mirror with a basin of water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaseline and Eyeshadow? Does it work OK? [ 2 Answers ]

All over YouTube I have been seeing that you can make lipgloss with vaseline and eyeshadow or lipstick you don't use? Does it work OK or does it suck? Does it make you're Lips soft or makes you're lips chapped? Thanks.

Eyeshadow for green dress and blue eyes [ 1 Answers ]

My dress is green with silver rhinestones on the straps. My heels are black and so is my jewelry. What kind of eyeshadow should I use to my my eyes pop?

Green dress- what color eyeshadow? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm wearing a green dress with silver sparkles on it for homecoming. What color eyeshadow should I wear?

I want to finding A Good waterproof make up that looks natural [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone revlon once made a good waterproof make up that worked wonderful until you washed your face with soap but they discounted the product. Has anyone ever used anything that looks natural and stays on without looking oily until you wash your face?:p

Eyeshadow won't stay [ 1 Answers ]

I've always had a problem with pressed powder eyeshadow staying on my lid. Over the day it wears off and makes a dark line where my crease it. Is there anything that will help it stay where it's supposed to?

View more questions Search