Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kahlua7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2014, 09:36 AM
    Wound that doesn't heal
    My female Jap Spitz terrier has a wound that doesn't heal. What should I do??
    I brought her to the vet and he flushed it, cleaned it and sprayed it with something violet. Everyday eversince the visit to the vet, I clean her wound with tap water. And if there is a scab, the doc said, I should remove it, and clean the wound again. After this, I put Calmoseptine. What am I doing wrong? It doesn't seem to heal.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 09:37 AM
    Go back and tell the vet the wound is not healing.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:07 PM
    Where is the wound located on the dog and how did your dog get it ?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:49 PM
    How deep was the wound and when did she get it?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2014, 09:52 AM
    Is it a wound? Or an abscess?

You should not put any ointment on the wound unless directed to do so by your vet. If it is an abscess, keeping it open and allowing for it to drain, along with flushing, is the best solution.

Is your dog wearing an e-collar? Or something to help prevent the dog from licking at the wound? If not, you should consider this. We cannot watch our dogs 24/7 and prevent them from creating trauma on a wound.

You also may want to talk to your vet about oral antibiotics. Healing from within sometimes works better rather than having topical antibiotic ointments.

And last but not least. Maybe try a new vet.. The one you went to didn't sound like they tried too hard to heal this wound.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will it take a wound requiring three stitches to heal? [ 5 Answers ]

Cut my finger with a filet knife while making lunch and was wondering when I'd be able to work again. I'd really like to be back Saturday but my job requires heavy lifting and getting my hand wet. To make it worse I work with clay which might pose problematic for an open wound.

My dog has a wound that won t heal? [ 12 Answers ]

My dog has a wound that won't heal. I took her to the vet in January 2011 to have a cyst that has ruptured removed. After the stitches were taken out it healed and two weeks later it the scar swelled up (not the cyst returning) and it split open again. I took her back to the vet, they opened it up...

Wound in dog that won't heal. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a spitz pomerian whose 16 years old since the last 2 months he's having a deep wound and I think that is maggot! I took him to the vet little late :( over there he was given 4 injections and prescribed turpentine oil now after applying turpentine oil the dog is screaming and crying it raises...

My puppy's wound has refused to heal. [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy is an African breed; it is four months old. I brought it when it had a wound on its head and also some minor wounds on its legs but the ones on the legs are long gone yet the one on the head has persisted. It becomes red and then oozes with pus occasionally. I called my vet and he gave it...

How can I heal my wound? [ 28 Answers ]

Hi all of you Before posting this I read some of the older posts here in this forum and I really found myself.I'm just going over the same situation.ill just summarize my story. I am 24.I left my country 7 months ago. And there I left the person I loved more in my life and to be honest I...

View more questions Search