Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jon1970 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 09:11 PM
    Should I call C.P.S. (Child Protective Services)?
    I have a really crazy situation. A few months ago I started dating a stripper. I actually met this stripper at a strip club and she believe it or not actually asked me to meet her outside the club. I did not even ask her for her phone number or anything, she actually gave it to me and asked me out on a date. We went out together a few times and sort of took a liking to each other. She did however tell me of something that had happened to her. This woman has a small 1 year old child. When she was pregnant with this child she got high on Marijuana when she was giving birth to the child. The people in the hospital knew this so they contacted C.P.S. (Child Protective Services) on her. She got into some trouble with them for this. She went to court and was placed on probation. They told her that if she could remain clean from marijuana and all other drugs for a period of 2 years and if she could show she was a responsible mother that they would drop her case and that they would not take away her child. She also had to demonstrate to the court that she was self sufficient and could care for the child. In order to make enough money to take care of this child she got into the business of being a stripper. This is how I met her when I came to visit her as a client in her club. I went to the club several times and got to know her well. She finally one night literally asked me out on a date and I accepted. Unfortunately, she has now progressed beyond stripping and she has became a call girl. She now works at an undercover brothel in the city of Phoenix. I am partially responsible for this and I feel really bad. What happened was she asked me if I knew of any other clubs in the area for dancers and I did know of a place that was very high class and very expensive that offered one on one nude dancing in private rooms so I told her about it and she applied and got the job. She is a VERY attractive lady. What I did not know about this place when I told her about it was that it was an undercover brothel where men pay upwards to $600 for sex with these ladies. I feel really bad about this because I am now responsible for making this girl into a call girl. I have tried and tried to get her out of this place because I am concerned she is going to get arrested under the Arizona criminal enterprise laws and get a prison term and lose that child she is already under probation for. Unfortunately, I can not convince her as she makes a LOT of money at this place and she is addicted to the money. She says she hates it but she has to do it for in order to pay for her kid. I have tried to tell her that there are many places that will help her with her kid where she does not have to do that but she will not listen to me and she even gets angry with me now when I talk to her about it. I am beginning to think that the only way that this girl is going to learn is through "tough love". She is going to have to get in trouble some how. Unfortunately, she is only 22 years old so she is sort of in that "invincible" stage that I think a lot of you people on here that are older know about. I have given several car rides to get drug tested for her CPS case and I have heard her talking to her CPS case manager on the telephone many times so I know that she is not making this stuff up. I am right now really concerned about her little one year old child too. Her child is being raised by a call girl so I am concerned about what effect that will have. I would not be concerned about the stripper act as that is fully legal but the call girl thing I am concerned about as she could get arrested at any time and they child would have a mother in jail. I am now wondering if I should "out" her to CPS in the best interest of that child. The thing is though that I am not sure if there is anything CPS could do. She does not do the prostitution in front of the child. The child is with its grandparents as she goes to work in the whorehouse. Of course the grandparents are completely clueless as to what is really happening. They think this girl is a house cleaner. I am not sure if CPS could do anything or if they are the proper people to call. I have already informed the police of this undercover brothel in town several times but they seem to not do anything. It is frustrating. I can not really call the police and tell them that this girl is engaging in prostitution because I really have no proof (no recorded phone calls, texts or anything). I am thinking CPS seems to be the best thing to do but I am not sure. I am really concerned about this girl's child. I actually care a lot about this girl and it really tears my heart apart to watch her destroy her life and her child's life and I hate to get her in trouble because I do like her but I also want to help her at the same time. Do you think I should call CPS on her? If I should, how would one go about finding the name of her case manager so I could tell her?
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Apr 20, 2014, 09:55 PM
    Is she being forced to be a call girl? Is her child well taken care of physically emotionally and financially? What do you expect CPS to do? Do you realize the system is not perfect and there are bad as well as good foster homes out there? You are talking about two lives here.
    Jon1970 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 10:05 PM
    She is not being forced to be a call girl. The child appears to be being taken care of alright. I thought about that question before and about the only thing I could think of is maybe she is putting herself at risk for many STD's and other diesases at the whore house and maybe, possibly the diseases could be transmitted to the child like if she kissed her child or something? I do not think the child would end up in a foster home. I think that probably the child's paternal grandparents would get custody of the child.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Apr 20, 2014, 10:11 PM
    Never assume that as I have personal experience where grandparents were not allowed to foster or adopt
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:40 AM
    First, if you knew of this club, how did you not know what it was. One visit would have been easy to tell. Next sorry 600 dollars for sex is not high end by any means. Some of the higher end clubs may change 2000 or even 3000, some more. So you need to learn what high end really is.

Next, she has a choice and no you are totally wrong, it is not a progression from stripper to prostitute. Very few strippers ever go in that direction.

It sounds more like your friend has a drug problem and is now working to earn money. By having sex. Not sure why everyone is always speaks so poorly of the women, if the men clients were not paying. There would be no business.

Where is people wanting to report every client to CPS.

So why not ask her to go back to the other club ? Not all girls at all clubs do everything either.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 21, 2014, 04:20 AM
    This story infuriates me. It is none of your business, especially since you were the one who told her about the place. You seem to have a knack for compounding bad happenings, so my advice is to STAY OUT OF IT. I don't see one shred of anything good resulting from you turning her in to CPS. Not to her, not to the child.

(I also wouldn't assume that she needs the extra money for drugs. Many people are just addicted to money.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 21, 2014, 04:41 AM
    I agree this is none of your business. You are not responsible for her choices. Even if you knew about the side business of this club. I could understand being concerned if the child was not being well cared for, but other than that, keep your nose out of her business!

What little I know of strip clubs, they generally have a strict policy against dating patrons. So I find it very surprising that she would approach you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child protective service [ 0 Answers ]

Can the cps laws in California allow you to use juvenile records in court

Who/which agency investigates CPS (child protective services) in New York State? [ 3 Answers ]

Failure to report suspected child abuse on the part of county CPS employees (mandated reporters). CPS oversight in NYS?

CPS - Child Protective Services [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know if CPS will provide the resources for a parent to get help, such as rehab, if the parent is found to be on drugs?

How to answer the call as an helpdesk executive for corporate services [ 4 Answers ]

When I receive an internal call from the clients regarding a service request or a complaint how to answer the call from the help desk and to end the call.

Child protective services [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Michigan, me and my boyfriend have been dateing for and year and getting married in 2008! My boyfriend have a child with another woman, I believe that the child being neglect and the mother is on some kind of drugs but I'm still keeping my eyes open! Should I do something or call child...

View more questions Search