Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kzprz07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 09:00 PM
    I'm 18 and I feel like I should move out, any advice on what to do?
    Here's the situation: I'm 18 almost 19 years old and I don't want to leave my house but I feel like if I don't soon I'm going to be keep being depressed and it's too much to handle anymore. The reason I want to leave is because of my parents although I am grateful for all that they do for me and I know they mean well but the way they "show" it makes me think otherwise. First My father didn't want me going to college after high school because he said the best decision was to stay at home and learn how to cook and clean. There was no way I wasn't going to go school so I told him that I was going to. Second I've been looking for a job for a while that way I can be more responsible and independent but he never let me because he didn't want me to work at all. It wasn't until he recently found me a job that he allowed me to go to work but my mom has to take me all the time. So I don't take myself to work oh and also to college. Lastly we get into an argument because I wanted to take boxing classes with my sister on the weekends and he said I was become too independent and taking advantage of the little freedom he does give me and he said he wasn't to make me quit my job. Point is I can't do anything literally and they won't give me the chance to prove to them that I can be trusted and I can't take it at home anymore. Please advice would be greatly appreciated
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 20, 2014, 11:10 PM
    Do you make enough money to live on your own? It's hard out there especially for an 18 year old. Is this no college and learn to cook and clean a cultural thing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I kept something from my boyfriend & feel terrible. Advice? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are at the same university and have been going out for a year and a half. Our families are very different, he is Canadian, I even though I was born here my parents are very very Italian in their traditions/beliefs etc. I have kept the fact (from everyone) that my parents own...

I don't know how to move on from my ex... I feel like we should try again! [ 5 Answers ]

I moved to a new city & country a year ago having come out of a very healthy functioning relationship, but one where I'd lost the love. I decided to try online dating for the first time and met someone fairly quickly (let's call this person B). The relationship was very unstable from the start, but...

Should I just give up and move on? Please help, I could use the advice, thanks. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was with my girlfriend for 10 months before she decided to break-up with me :( I will explain the details now. We were good friends before we got together, not amazing friends but we always talked at parties and friendly gatherings etc. The first time I met her I instantly liked her but...

She said she doesn't feel the same but will give it time. Any advice? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Well I have been in a long distance relationship with a girl for about 10 months. It was always so perfect however recently she had some problems with her family and university and got very stressed and it was also during that time of the month. She told me that she feels different about us...

Need advice. Do I move on or stay? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. When we first met he made some effort to pursue me and actually wanted to makeout all the time ( kissing) and wanted to see me a lot. But after dating for 3 months and him lying where he lived and finally showed me (lives with parents...

View more questions Search