Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pilchard1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 03:47 PM
    workers comp
    My husband has had a Workmens Comp claim that is ongoing now for over 6 years. We hear nothing unless the lawyer wants something. They do not call us but insist that it is a strong case or they wouldn't waste their time. We are broke and my husband is unable to work. Now we are going into the 7th year of waiting to see if there will be a settlement. Has anyone else had this happen?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2014, 06:01 PM
    You should have your attorney try for a settlement. Even the Ins Co. would like to close this out. BTW, there is no "Workmen's" Comp anymore, has been Worker's Comp for 10+ years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:46 AM
    Mine went on for 10 years, ended up reaching settlement. The insurance company wants to drag it out, in hope evidence or witnesses may be loss. Or hope you get so poor and hopeless you will take a lower settlement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers' Comp. [ 2 Answers ]

Who's responsibility is it to look into a workers' compensation case that is taking to long? The provider or the patient?

workers comp [ 0 Answers ]

Work injury sustained in July 2010.. case required hiring of lawyer.. first initial (back)payout dec 2010.. since then receiving biweekly perm disibility benefit. It is now Feb 2012,How long until final settlement.. lawyer can never winnow this down to a timeline.. why? Three weeks... two months...

Workers comp [ 2 Answers ]

When does workers compensation pay cease.

Do I need an attorney to help me get my settlement

Who do I contact to get a policy with work comp insurance in North carolina?

View more questions Search