Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agentvinod Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 02:38 PM
    Penis itching
    : Dear Dr.my girlfriend was having vaginal infection due to menses, she was taking antibiotics. While last day of medicine course we had unprotected sex.an itching sesensation started after 2-3 days on top of my penis. What medical help or medicine can I take for this infection. Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2014, 02:54 PM
    Women don't have vaginal infections due to menses... or they would have them every month. What was she on anti-biotics for? Was it for the vaginal infection (would have to have been baterial and not a yeast infection which needs a different type of treatment.) or something else?

Certain types of Antibiotics can make certain types of birth control ineffective, and some women DO get pregnant while on their period... so were you trying to get her pregnant?

Apr 20, 2014, 02:58 PM
    She was having burning sensation while urinating. We did unprotected sex. She was better at the 3rd day of medicine.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2014, 03:32 PM
    Burning sensation accompanies a urinary tract infection. Antiboitics given are seven day regime, so yes, by the third day she would be having some relief.

This has nothing to do with your itching as far as I know. See a doctor to have it diagnosed

Apr 20, 2014, 08:49 PM
    Dear tickle thanks for the answer, but my itching has started only after that day of unprotected sex.however we are only partner with each other only.so can that be a bacterial infection? What antibiotics may help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:43 AM
    You need to see your doctor, get tested and find out, what infection you have. There is no one medication for every possible answer. In fact a few may not even have medication to treat. So. You go to the doctor, and get tested.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 21, 2014, 04:11 AM
    Both of you need to do a lot of online reading on 3 topics: yeast infections of the genitals, bacterial infections of the genitals, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

It's possible to have one or more at a time, and to pass them back and forth to each other. Your itching sounds more like yeast, but we can't know online. You can talk to a pharmacist about what treatments are available without seeing a doctor. Each country is different. It's preferable if you see the same doctor she is seeing.

Apr 21, 2014, 01:01 PM
    Joypulv, thanks a lot for your advice, you have been most helpful and sensitive towards this case. I'm slightly hesitant to see the Dr.as it is v.light itch.
    For now I'm planning to take some antibiotic by help of my chemist.
    If that doesn't help I will surely consult the Dr.
    Can you suggest any antibiotic for penis itching in general?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:10 PM
    Have you not been paying attention? There is nothing to suggest. You need to see a doctor. We CANNOT diagnose you online and there is no "general" treatment. Live with it until it gets worse or see a doctor. That's it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:11 PM
    We can't tell you what antibiotics may help. Antibiotics are prescription only, so see your doctor to diagnose and recommend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:21 PM
    What if all you need is a good wash and something for dry skin? Jumping to conclusions with no knowledge is an expensive, potentially dangerous thing. How old are you? What are the conditions you live in? Come on guy, the range of possibilities is so great that focusing on just one thing can mislead you.

Google "jock itch". The easiest and simplest is a good start and fairly common among young guys, even though unprotected sex is plain dumb too!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:31 PM
    In many parts of the world, antibiotics ARE available without a prescription.
    However, if I had to guess, I'd say that you most likely have a YEAST infection (yes, same as athlete's foot and jock itch and any number of names) because you ITCH.
    Antibiotics do NOTHING for yeast!
    Sure, talk to your pharmacist.
    And please, do that online research, for several hours. We aren't going to invent the wheel for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itching penis [ 2 Answers ]

Hi in this recent days, I feeling itchy in my penise, specialy head part, after peeing, what is the treatment without getting dotor? I drinking lot of cranberries juice

Itching penis ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is David I have a minor doubt, I have been to stripping club where in semen was leaked in my inner wear. After that I went to a club where I can have sex, It took me about 40mins to reach the club. I went in the room with the girl there, she asked me to remove and keep the cloths on the...

Penis is itching [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my penis started itching automatically I was suffering from malaria and had taken sum drugs can that cause the itching am not having any burning sensation will pissing

Itching Penis [ 3 Answers ]

I sometimes get an itching feeling inside my penis. No burning sensation when urinating or anything. Just that itch from time to time. It has been there for about 2 weeks now...

What causes Itching on penis [ 1 Answers ]

There is itching below the skin of my penis. I do not have pain or blistes etc but there is redness

View more questions Search