Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcbusiness Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Apr 20, 2014, 12:39 PM
    Should you just let them know and take your chances?
    If you found out you had less than 6 months to live, and the only life insurance you have is through your company of 25 years, what is the best way to handle it? Should you stay quiet until you just die, for fear the company will fire you and prevent you from getting the life insurance?

Should you just let them know and take your chances. There is a family of 5 involved with HIGH debt. Thanks.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2014, 01:19 PM
    That's a pretty poor company that would fire you for that reason, particularly after 25 years. They are paying your medical bill?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2014, 01:23 PM
    What were the conditions on your life insurance policy, and what conditions did you have at the time you took out the life insurance policy.

There is no divergence answering us. No complications, just wanting more information so we can help you a little further with this.
    rcbusiness Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Apr 27, 2014, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    What were the conditions on your life insurance policy, and what conditions did you have at the time you took out the life insurance policy.

There is no divergence answering us. No complications, just wanting more information so we can help you a little further with this.
    I GUESS it's a company life insurance policy. If you retire you take over the current rates to keep it in force. Otherwise if your fired or quit its lost. its been open since 1998. No physical required with hire.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2014, 01:31 PM
    Read your policy carefully and unless they expressly require you to notify them, why would you? What if your medical prognosis wrong? I can understand your concern, but jumping the gun isn't in your interest.

A far as I know, there is no obligation to even supply your life insurance carrier/provider with medical data one way or another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are the chances? [ 1 Answers ]

My period last month was on 11/8/08 thro 11/13/08. So for the month of December, I should be getting my period sometime around 12/8. However, I haven't gotten it yet. Today is 12/17, so I am about 1 week & 3 days late. I have taken a test on 12/11 and gotten a negivative, then I tested today 12/17...

What are our chances [ 3 Answers ]

Our question is simple... We want to know what are the chances that we could get custody of my husbands 2 children. The story... I will make this simple... She (the ex-wife and current custodial parent)is irresponsible, does not work, moves from man to man to support her and the kids. The kids...

What are my chances [ 2 Answers ]

Help. I'm in love with my sisters best friend,we are totally compatible and my sis is OK with it,we talk for hours and have loads of fun but its never gone any further,what do I do now?

View more questions Search