Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JosefKrakel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 09:17 AM
    Access evaporator coil when access panel is blocked by flue
    The access panel to the a/c evaporator coil in the air handler is blocked by the furnace flue. It cannot be pulled out due to the flue or up due to a lip on the bottom. How can I access the evaporator coil without removing PVC flue or mangling something else?
    JosefKrakel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 09:24 AM
    Here is a picture of the blocked panel: Attachment 45945
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2014, 05:36 PM
    I couldn't see your picture but it sounds like you are going to have to cut the PVC pipe. It's not a big deal. I've done it hundreds of times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Refrigerator how to access the coil to clean [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove front grill of French style Maytag Refrigerator to clean the coil?

Do I need a plumbing access panel? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an upstairs shower (which we installed). It leaked around the drain and ruined ceiling below (which also is a bathroom). We took out the ceiling below the upstairs shower drain, in order to make sure the problem gets fixed before plastering again :) My question is - do we need to put in...

Access to main panel [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a restriction on a door size to a utilty closet w main electric panel- Is an 18' door OK?

Spout removal: access to set screw blocked? [ 8 Answers ]

My shower diverter isn't working and I'm trying to remove my spout assembly. I'm guessing it's the set-screw type, but the openning (identified in attached picture) has a hard plastic plug in it. Am I supposed to drill that out or something? Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search