Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123ssilva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2014, 06:46 AM
    Cost of replacing chinesse dry wall
    We found our dream house with Chinese dry wall in it ,the price of the house is right
    What are the question we need to ask the realtor
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2014, 08:16 AM
    Chinese dry wall is unhealthy. If someone told me the house had this, I would run very fast the other way. There are no questions to ask, you just forget about it. All the chinese dry wall would have to be taken out and replaced with proper drywall. Ask him how much that would cost??
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2014, 09:20 AM
    Its going to be VERY expensive... the house better be exceptionally cheap. You might have to replace wiring and plumbing as well because it caused severe corrosion in them as well in many cases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I locate the stud in a dry wall? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to secure a cabinet to a wall (ie it's fairly tall so has an optional support to prevent it from falling over). I understand in most modern houses walls are drywalls (ours was built in 1996 and is Canadian). Should I find a wall stud to attach the fixing to or can I screw straight...

Dry wall [ 4 Answers ]

I just tore down the wall in my bathroom. I put up waterproof backerboard around the tub surrounding area, and would like to know what is the right type of wall board to put up on the outside wall of the tub?

How to re-use cut dry-wall sections [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing some home improvement in the LR (plumbing and electrical). I need to open the wall up. Is it better to cut the drywall section in the cavity, down the center of a stud, or adjacent to a stud? Better here is measured about ease of attaching sections in the replace phase. I am...

Dry wall [ 5 Answers ]

How many 4 feet by 8 feet sheets of dry wall do you need for the walls of a 12 feet times 20 feet room 8 fet high

Dry wall screws popping out [ 6 Answers ]

I am only 2 months into a newly built home and the screws that were used for the drywall appear to be popping out in several places. I have seen an earlier post about nails and the reply suggested screws, but these screws are coming out too! Is this normal for a house only 2 months old? What do I...

View more questions Search