Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2014, 03:55 PM
    When filling out the EEOC intake questionnaire which answer is right?
    My wife was fired for filing a Virginia workers compensation claim. I am helping her fill out the EEOC intake questionnaire for retaliation. In the questionnaire it asks for the "number of employees in the organization at all locations." The choices are: fewer than 15, 15-100, 101-200, 201-500, or more than 500. She was fired from a fast food franchise. She was fired from one of the franchisee stores. Do we put down "15-100 employees" which would represent the franchisee store or "more than 500 employees" which represents the whole franchise?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2014, 04:06 PM
    If it is a franchise use the employees at that location.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 11:22 AM
    I have to disagree, ma0644. I believe this would be the correct answer: "number of employees in the organization at all locations." = "more than 500 employees".

As I understand the question asked, they want to know the total number of employees the franchise has, at all locations. While the chain may have hundreds or thousands of locations, the individual franchise also has, as I understand it, multiple locations.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 01:00 PM
    A "franchise" is
    "3. The authorization granted by a company to sell or distribute its goods or services in a certain area. McDonalds has exported its franchise.
    4. A business operating under such authorization, a franchisee." https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/franchise

Admittedly, OP may be confused between a franchisee and a franchiser. If, in fact, it is the franchiser which as more than 500 employees (or has granted franchises to franchisees, all of which together have more than 500 employees) ma0644 would be correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Assistance filling out an Answer form (Ca) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am being sued by Mann Bracken on behalf of Discover Card. The amount is almost $12,000, I ran into issues with making my payments and now I got the summons 2 weeks ago. I want them to prove it's my debt, so I need some help with the Answer form. ...

Lying on Federal complaint answer, lying to EEOC [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Indiana/federal I am suing a govt. agency. They lied profusely in EEOC investigation. I couldn't prove it then. Got copy of investigation record and then KNEW I could prove a few lies, trust me on that. I filed the complaint in fed. Court...

Filling in an Answer to a Summons form [ 5 Answers ]

I am in CA and received a Summons, being sued by a credit card comp. This is lagit. I downloaded an answer form, but have no instructions on what lines need to be answered or what to put as answers. Many items on this two page form are just a check mark. But if I just use common sense and put a...

Toilet intake not filling tank fast [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet is running all the time so I checked the flapper and the chains handle and noticed that the water is not being pulled into the tank as fast it is filling but a very slow rate when I fill the tank with a cup it will stay filled and the water shuts off when I flush it flushes fine and...

View more questions Search