Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackstrong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2014, 06:36 AM
    Health care finance
    John Adams is the CEO of a nursing home in San Jose. He is now 50 years old and plans to retire in 10 years. He expects to live for 25 years after he retires, that is, until he is 85. He wants a fixed retirement income that has the same purchasing power at the time he retires as $40,000 has today (he realizes that the real value of his retirement income will decline year by year after he retires). His retirement income will begin the day he retires, 10 years from today, and he will then get 24 additional annual payments. Inflation is expected to be 5 percent per year for 10 years (ignore inflation after John retires); he currently has $100,000 saved up, and he expects to earn a return on his savings of 8 percent per year, annual compounding. To the nearest dollar, how much must he save during each of the next 10 years (with deposits being made at the end of each year) to meet his retirement goal? (Hint: the inflation rate 5 % per year is used only to calculate desired retirement income.)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2014, 06:39 AM
    Since this is obviously cut and pasted homework... what do you think the answer is and how did you arrive at it?
    jackstrong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2014, 07:06 AM
    I have no idea sir, the VA has not approved a tutor for me and this is an online class. I am not sure which formula to use, or if it takes multiple formula usage to derive an answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Health Care it is all how you look at it. [ 47 Answers ]

New Health Care plan http://f385.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f15070%5fADV9v9EAAUM%2fSwtK2Q5VWwJaCF4&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 Let me get this straight.

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search