Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jddavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2014, 01:30 PM
    How to find the energy of a photon?
    Find the energy of a photon whose frequency is 5 x 10^12 Hz
    CWH68 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2014, 02:00 PM
    E = hv where h= Planck's constant = 6.626 x 10-²7 erg sec, and v is the frequency.

So the energy is (6.626 * 10^-27 erg sec)(5 * 10^12 sec^-1) = 3.313*10^-14 erg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using energy gap as a photon detector. [ 0 Answers ]

The energy gap in germanium is 0.72eV. When used as a photon detector, roughly how many electrons can be made to jump from the valence to the conduction band by the passage of a 600-keV photon that loses all its energy in this fashion?

What is the energy of a photon having a wavelength of 4.57 10-8 m? [ 0 Answers ]

Please help me with my webassign

Photon [ 1 Answers ]

sir, I was told that frequency is a characteristic of wave.Recently I was thought "planck's quantumn theory" in which it was given that radiant energy is emitted or absorbed in the form of photons which act as a particle.I was also told that energy of each photon is equal to - E=hv. where...

Graviton vs. Photon [ 3 Answers ]

So the big hub bub in physics right now is unifying all the fundamental forces of nature. Electroweak theory has unified two of the forces so far and all that is left is to unify along with it are the strong and gravitational forces. Well I've been wondering how physicists plan to make a quantum...

View more questions Search