Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barnhartsm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2014, 01:10 PM
    Rottweiler pup
    Hello out there! I was just curious as to everybody's weight with their pups. I got Jax when he was 8 weeks. At his 9 week appointment he weighed 14.6 lbs, and today he had his 12 week appointment and weighed 23.5 . Does this seem like he is in the normal weight class? He eats and sleeps all the time. And I can clearly see him growing every day.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 17, 2014, 01:11 PM
    It's hard to say for sure...did you ask the vet when you were there?
    barnhartsm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2014, 01:13 PM
    No I didn't. It completely slipped my mind. She didn't say anything like he was small. She said that he was a very big boy and to expect him to get huge. Which I already planned on that.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 17, 2014, 01:36 PM
    Don't worry about it, he is in the normal weight class; big boned dogs they are, a lot of muscle, a working dog nonetheless so expect him to be HUGE.

Post a pic of him. Would love to see one, we are super dog people here anytime you need help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rottweiler [ 4 Answers ]

My 16 month old Rottweiler is marking his terrirory in the house. In the same spot, I haven't caught him ever in the act and when I show it to him he cowers and runs outside. He is house broken and has a dog door. He is not neutered and has a 5 yr old retriever as a friend. The golden has live here...

My dog bit the cord off twice of pup and pup died [ 7 Answers ]

My dog gave birth to a puppy that came feet first, the pup an over grown tongue and she bite the cord off and then bit it off again and the puppy bled to death. Why would she do this.

Rottweiler Questions [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I recently brought our wonderful Rottie puppy into our home. He is extremely well behaved, but he sleeps a lot... I mean a lot. He is constantly tired. Is this because he is growing so fast, or is there possibly something wrong. He has had a clean bill of health from the vet, but it...

My pup doesn't act like a pup [ 7 Answers ]

I just adopted a black lab puppy he is 15 weeks old I was told his mother was a stray and he was bottle fed and never bonded with his mother. He does not play like a pup of his breed should he acts like he was abused because he cowers when called and won't leave my room to explore and he does not...

How old is my Rottweiler? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about the age of my new Rottweiler. We just adopted her yesterday from the animal shelter in town. I absolutely love her because she is just about the nicest and cutest dog I've seen in my life. The problem is that since she was a stray that was found wondering in the county,...

View more questions Search