Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    21jackie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2014, 12:13 PM
    Age limit for child support in Texas
    Hello! We live in Texas my husband pays child support for his son that is 15 year old but his currently in jail and his 17 year old daughter she drop out of high school. Does he still needs to pay child support into they both turn 18?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2014, 12:17 PM
    This is usually dependent on how the support order is written. Most orders will state age 18 or until they finish high school whichever is LATER. So you need to read the order.

If his children are in that much trouble, maybe he should petition for custody to help them (which can also end his support obligation.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 PM
    Also, How long is the 15 year old going to be incarcerated for ?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2014, 01:12 PM
    Until the court order is changes he still owes support. He can petition the court to modify the support order. He does need to know a couple things before doing so. One being already asked, how long will the 15 year old be incarcerated, and the second how soon the 17 year old will be 18. I say this because it is common for it to take a couple months to get a court date. But the bottom line is that while the order is still in place he still owes support. Having an order from the court would mean nothing if the person that is supposed to comply could just vacate the order whenever they decided it was time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nys child support age limit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in NYS. I have paid child support since day one of my children's lives. I also provided health care and have their college tuition funds paid for. By law, what age am I responsible to pay for them until.

Indiana- support limit- age of child [ 2 Answers ]

What is the ag limit to pay child support in Indiana

Child Support Age Limit In Indiana [ 3 Answers ]

If a child is still living at home at age 21, will child support continue until age 23 in Indiana?

Child Support and Age Limit [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My husband supports his 15 year old son who lives in Texas. The order was originally issued in New York, but now both parents live in different states (his ex-wife and son in TX, and us in CT). Recently, my husband lost his job, so we have initiated the process to modify the order (the...

Child support age limit in Indiana [ 6 Answers ]

In the state of Indiana does child support continue until 21 only if they continue education or does it continue even if they have moved out on their own and have their own job and if so, who gets the child support? Does the mother/father continue getting this even if the child no longer depends...

View more questions Search