Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mushtash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2005, 01:41 AM
    How Can I connect my PC?
    How can I connect PC with following sceniro.
    I have 3 pcs with Win XP pro.1 PC is connected with ADSL internet connection (256kbps)Its a small USB modem.
    I have router with 6ports from which I have connected my other 2pc as shared ADSL speed internet.This all setup in Office.

Now I want to connect from my home PC to troubleshoot or run antivirus on one of the PC who is having shraed ADSL internet from Main PC.
    When I see the shared PC it doesn't show me IP address.

How can I connect to this PC by Using Remote Desktop Connection from My WIN XP pro.
    I have connect remotly without Router.It was success but not with router.

Please suggest a easy method.
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Feb 21, 2005, 11:55 AM
    Remote connection
    What you need to do is on the router you need to setup port forwarding so that the connection will go to that one PC. For this to work you will have to know what port the software is going to use to connect to the system (vnc use's port 5900 by default but can be changed) . To do that you have to have the ip address of the PC that you want to connect to. Then I would use something like vnc(because I have used it and have seen it used by large corps. But there are many other programs out there) or something like that. Then you can connect to the system that way just as if you did not have the router in the setup. Now if you use a program check it out and be very careful because there are many out there that can be hijacked. So do your research before using any program and doing this.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2005, 12:08 PM
    Thetachi's answer is good. I had to use the port forwarding service for the first time recently and this site was a great help: http://www.portforward.com/
    netwebsite1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 10:44 PM
    www.allmoviesonline.tk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wi-fi won't connect. [ 16 Answers ]

My new phone (a san fransisco (Android)) won't find the IP address of my rooter. What's wrong?

Connect me again with ASK [ 2 Answers ]

I need to be connected to web site ASK.

Desktop will not connect to LAN on one particular outlet, but other PCs will connect [ 1 Answers ]

I am very puzzled and without a clue as why one of my PCs will fail ("A network cable is unplugged") to connect to my LAN using a particular outlet, but if I connect another PC, as a notebook, on the same outlet there are no LAN connection failures. Yet if I connect the desktop to another outlet,...

IE 7 won't connect [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I just re-installed ie7 for the 5th time and no connection. Mean while Firefox and avant have no problem. Now I can't uninstall it from the control panel. Win xp s.p3. Thank you

Can't connect [ 1 Answers ]

Desktop connects by USB cable via wireless cable modem. Laptop connects wirelessly to internet via the same wireless cable modem. I've tried networking them using Windows network expert, but neither one will ping the other and I can's see either from the other computer. I am using the same...

View more questions Search