Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomasjnj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2014, 08:38 AM
    How do I write a manual payroll check and how do I reconcile it with my payroll JE?
    I wrote a manual payroll check to an employee who's check was accidentally left out of the payroll processing. (we use ARMI). What account should I have written the manual check against? (I put it under prepaid expenses), and how do I reconcile it with the payroll reports from Armi so that taxes and such are correct?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2014, 12:20 AM
    I expect you might use a payroll clearing account to make payments then allocate the costs, however having done what you have done, you should clear the transaction from prepaid expenses to the wages allocations normally used for this employee by journal. You will have to make the appropriate entries in the payroll records.

What is not clear in your explanation is whether the payroll records are correct and the cheque was not drawn or the payment wasn't part of the payroll at all.

If the payroll records are already correct then all you have to do is make the appropriate journal. It the payroll records need to be made then make teh entries in the next payroll and rebank the funds crediting them to prepaid expenses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you sue a store for cashing a stolen check payroll check without proper id? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you sue a store for cashing a stolen check payroll check without proper id?

When the payroll is paid, payroll taxes become a(n) ________ to the employer. [ 1 Answers ]

The answer is liability but why is it a liability but not an expense

Payroll and Payroll Tax Expense on an Income Statement [ 2 Answers ]

Is the payroll expense on the Income Statement the gross amount of payroll? What I have seen so far is that it is the gross amount and then the payroll taxes are also listed. Isn't it doubling the amount of expense for the payroll taxes? Thanks for your help!

Payroll company witholding money from uncashed payroll check [ 1 Answers ]

I have a payroll check that is about four years old and the payroll company says that they are in no way obligated to reissue me a check, and that the escheat laws only apply to government office jobs but that is not true. Who would I contact to help me on this problem?

View more questions Search