Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tealeafs421 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2014, 07:08 PM
    My mom won't let me wear a dress to prom?
    Prom is coming up really soon and I've been waiting for my mom to go shopping with me and get a dress for prom and each week I've been askkng her when will we go find my prom dress and she said she doesn't know every time I asked until today. She finally told me she said, you're not wearing a dress to prom! And I'm like why not? And she said she doesn't feel like going shopping to get me one and she made up excuses like, the mall is too far and she doesn't want to spend money on me and when she said that I literally cried and I asked what I should wear and she said she doesn't care I could just wear a tshirt or jeans and she said it doesn't matter and I was so upset everyone's going to look so fancy and pretty while I will look like a cheap brat wearing normal clothes. Its going to be at a fancy, formal place and I don't want to be wearing regular clothes what should I do!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 13, 2014, 07:28 PM
    Tell a favorite teacher, or the one in charge of the prom. Many areas have 'recycled' dress groups because dresses are so expensive, and because many girls never wear theirs again. Some girls have older sisters who can lend a dress, and you just pay to have it cleaned afterwards. Even mothers often have dresses they can lend.
    Is there a favorite teacher who you think you can talk to?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2014, 07:41 PM
    You know its only a prom... a lot of families can't afford to waste the huge ammounts some spend on it... and besides... your life isn't going to be any different if you go than it will be if you don't. And after you graduate high school... all its going to be is an expensive memory. And in 20 years... you are going to be laughing at what you looked like and how you dressed for it. Those clothes that you got so and excited and worked up about at the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Mom Won't Let Me Wear A Strapless Dress [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Lainey. I am 15 years old. My mom won't let me wear a strapless dress for prom. I was planning to sneak back to the house to take off the black and gold straps she sewed on! But no. She now knows. And the straps, they don't match the dress the dress is red and blur no white nor gold...

Do you like wear indian ethnic wear dress? [ 3 Answers ]

I belong to India and only follow latest Indian tradition fashion.

Prom dress [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to get a nice prom dress from in the UK? i was thinking a purple or blue one. I'm 5ft 11 and size 6/8 (UK) Thanks xx

Prom Dress [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend decided since its my last year in high school we're going to go to prom, but in CAMO! I have a dress in mind (black top, camo bottom) but I'm open to all sugjestions... Prom is MAY 16th... I am. 5ft 2in. About 135 lbs.

Prom dress [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a prom dress for my prom in June. I have blonde hair and green eyes and I'm quite short. (5ft) I was wandering what colour would suit me best? And What length would be best to compliment my height? Thanks :)

View more questions Search